SiouxSports.com Forum

So Bresciani has a goal to make NDSU AAU ....

SiouxVolley

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Correct. The old Med School building (formerly St. Michael's Hospital) will be repurposed; it will house new departments. Older buildings (i.e. approaching 100 year old buildings) around campus will be retired. 

Has anyone contacted the GF fire dept. to get their opinion on how they would handle the aging 100 year old buildings if they caught on fire?  

• Upvote 2

That whole FFD saying "we'd let it burn" about NDSU's chemistry building to me is a bit of a ruse. Honestly, would any FD send in personnel when they don't know what all is in there that could kill them in the process of fighting the fire? That's why buildings (new or old) have chemical cabinets and fire suppression systems. The only reason I could see any FD going in is if they knew there were civilians in the building that could be saved. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

That whole FFD saying "we'd let it burn" about NDSU's chemistry building to me is a bit of a ruse. Honestly, would any FD send in personnel when they don't know what all is in there that could kill them in the process of fighting the fire? That's why buildings (new or old) have chemical cabinets and fire suppression systems. The only reason I could see any FD going in is if they knew there were civilians in the building that could be saved. 

Gives the media something to write about and makes people who don't think about it believe a new $45 million building is a necessity. 

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Gives the media something to write about and makes people who don't think about it believe a new $45 million building is a necessity. 

Not to mention it gives you guys something to try and pick apart. :lol:

The new dorm would be a non-issue during "normal" times, but these are not normal times. The whole state is being asked to cut budgets. I understand that the funding would come crom a different bag of money, but the optics in this are bad coming the day after the FU prez claims he needs new buildings because his current ones are falling down.  It is almost as if he is tone deaf to reality.

As said previously, if you have a fire hazard, install fire sprinkler systems. UND has been installing them over the past few years in residence halls. 

3 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

According to this he went to school in Wahpeton....Doesn't say that he graduated though.

http://adambrown.info/p/research/legislators/members/north-dakota/upper/john-m-andrist-5061

Sounds like another Port then: can't earn a higher Ed degree but feels qualified to to criticize the sbohe members and university presidents

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

Where did he go to college?

Son and grandson grads of UND. Son ran the paper at Crosby for a number of years before selling it.  Grandson a law school grad now working for Vogel firm in Bismarck. 

5 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

Sounds like another Port then: can't earn a higher Ed degree but feels qualified to to criticize the sbohe members and university presidents

Lol. Work to discredit when you don't agree. He's 84, plenty that age who are more than entitled to speak on an issue without a degree. 

11 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

Pretty sure it doesn't take a college degree to see that there are issues with the SBoHE, NDUS and some of the presidents within it and the relationship of all of them. 

35 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

Is Bill Gates allowed to criticize American higher education?