SiouxSports.com Forum

So Bresciani has a goal to make NDSU AAU ....

SiouxVolley

53 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I'm calling BS on all the holier-than-thou, hypocritical bitching. 

Who hasn't treated themselves better while traveling for work? Do you stay at the same level of hotel as you would traveling leisurely? I doubt it -- I sure as hell wouldn't be paying $300 a night for a room at a deluxe conference hotel while on vacation with the family. I'm willing to bet their were budget accommodations within walking distance of that last meeting you attended at the Grand Hyatt Regency, too.

How about meals? Do you spend your entire per diem, or pocket the difference? Ever given any of it back to your employer? Are you eating fast food, or hitting up the hotel cafe and fancy steakhouses with colleagues? How often do you take the wife and kids to Ruth's Chris?

Business travel drives an entire segment of the service industry, and the economy at large. The reason is simple...human beings tend to act differently while spending other people's money. If you think otherwise, you're either a saint, or delusional.

So Bresciani flew business class half way around the world. BFD. It's the overreaction that's truly embarrassing. Fire him, prosecute him, or STFU.

I am not in a position to fire him or prosecute him and I really don't plan to STFU.  Nice mature reply, by the way. Maybe it is time to start ignoring the noise inside your head.

I have traveled all over the world for business.  We have rules on what class of ticket is acceptable based on distance and we aren't able to approve our own expenses or upgrades for that matter.  Do you think he would have done it if he knew he was going to get caught approving his own upgrade?   I highly doubt it.  

I have stayed in the same hotel on business and personal travel.  We don't have per diem but get reimbursed for actual expenses.  All of those receipts are reviewed by our immediate supervisors and we don't approve our own spending.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Would think it would've been more productive to sit together and strategize the trip during the flight, especially if he needed the extra space in order to "work". Maybe he was able to do that via texts, though?? 

It's too bad he even had to be on the same plane as those other peasants. With a trip of this utter importance, and the supposed value it will bring to NDSU, taxpayers should feel fortunate that the Dean didn't commandeer the NDSU jet, as it seems he would have been justified in the eyes of some in this thread. Will be interesting to see the number of tuition waivers that come directly as a result of it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I'm calling BS on all the holier-than-thou, hypocritical bitching. 

Who hasn't treated themselves better while traveling for work? Do you stay at the same level of hotel as you would traveling leisurely? I doubt it -- I sure as hell wouldn't be paying $300 a night for a room at a deluxe conference hotel while on vacation with the family. I'm willing to bet their were budget accommodations within walking distance of that last meeting you attended at the Grand Hyatt Regency, too.

How about meals? Do you spend your entire per diem, or pocket the difference? Ever given any of it back to your employer? Are you eating fast food, or hitting up the hotel cafe and fancy steakhouses with colleagues? How often do you take the wife and kids to Ruth's Chris?

Business travel drives an entire segment of the service industry, and the economy at large. The reason is simple...human beings tend to act differently while spending other people's money. If you think otherwise, you're either a saint, or delusional.

So Bresciani flew business class half way around the world. BFD. It's the overreaction that's truly embarrassing. Fire him, prosecute him, or STFU.

Double BS called...it was not a corporation's money he was spending. It was tax payer money.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CMSioux said:

Double BS called...it was not a corporation's money he was spending. It was tax payer money.

Boo hoo. It's my money, too. Do you think only private sector employees travel for work? The taxpayer argument sounds pretty weak...where is the outrage about all the other waste, excess, and failures to realize savings that permeate state and local government? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Boo hoo. It's my money, too. Do you think only private sector employees travel for work? The taxpayer argument sounds pretty weak...where is the outrage about all the other waste, excess, and failures to realize savings that permeate state and local government? 

Guess its just another example of everyone picking on SU presidents he's doing great following in Whiskey Joe's footsteps. Hail "Business Class Bresciani"

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

People complain about other wastes when they're made aware of them. The refusal to admit this was a poor use of taxpayer/tuition money is largely behind people not letting this one go. Unfortunately, Bresciani and his minions refuse to admit that he made a poor choice.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

So Brescani sat up in BC and the other two he was traveling with sat in coach?  LOL.  Apparently they are such peons they don't need to "get work done" while flying.

Prakash is from India and is retired from NDSU. May be his trip was pleasure? Or may be he is doing private consulting? Both?

45 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Prakash is from India and is retired from NDSU. May be his trip was pleasure? Or may be he is doing private consulting? Both?

You can just as easily interject that Bresciani was prejudiced because he didn't allow his two Indian companions access to Business Class when Bresciani could have authorized them.  Bresciani appears to be a self entitled jerk, as much as you pretend that he's a great leader like the august and crooked Chapman. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

You can just as easily interject that Bresciani was prejudiced because he didn't allow his two Indian companions access to Business Class when Bresciani could have authorized them.  Bresciani appears to be a self entitled jerk, as much as you pretend that he's a great leader like the august and crooked Chapman. 

Both traveling companions were Indian? Were they traveling in a business capacity?

Of course you will interject anything if it will further your narrative. Because--well its you.

21 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Both traveling companions were Indian? Were they traveling in a business capacity?

Of course you will interject anything if it will further your narrative. Because--well its you.

If they weren't traveling in a business capacity, why did they go?  India has English speaking universities.

You and Tony just have a hatred for anything UND.  It's funny how Tony is just going off on UND fans because he presumes we hate Carson Wentz.  Personally, I hope he succeeds and becomes a star quarterback in the NFL in spite of posters like you and that total nimrod Tony.  Carson isn't cut from the same cloth as you and Bresciani.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

If they weren't traveling in a business capacity, why did they go?  India has English speaking universities.

You and Tony just have a hatred for anything UND.  It's funny how Tony is just going off on UND fans because he presumes we hate Carson Wentz.  Personally, I hope he succeeds and becomes a star quarterback in the NFL in spite of posters like you and that total nimrod Tony.  Carson isn't cut from the same cloth as you and Bresciani.

You didnt answer if both were Indian. Guess you just fibbed on that one.

I hate UND? HMMmmmmmm where did you come up with that one? Grasping at straws again? LOL

Explain how theres a connection between me and CWs future success to justify your comment that you hope he is successful despite posters like myself.

I will now hang up and listen. I will also put on my boots as I wait for your reply. LOL

40 minutes ago, bison73 said:

You didnt answer if both were Indian. Guess you just fibbed on that one.

I hate UND? HMMmmmmmm where did you come up with that one? Grasping at straws again? LOL

Explain how theres a connection between me and CWs future success to justify your comment that you hope he is successful despite posters like myself.

I will now hang up and listen. I will also put on my boots as I wait for your reply. LOL

The other guy had an Indian name.  Could be from Pakistan  or Bangladesh, but the Indian subcontinent.

You are just another bison troll that supports NDSu's leadership blindly.  If you haven't noticed, UND demands ethical behavior from their leaders and if they aren't, they get trashed on this forum.  NDSU fans blindly support any kind of behavior of their leaders as long as they think it will get them ahead.  Look at the student fee fiasco.  What was supposedly good for five years is no longer good, but you and other bison fano are fine with leadership going back on their word.

I have brothers and relatives that are NDSU grads.  Support them and want them to be successful.  That's entirely different than  wanting the Bizon to lose.  Hoping Carson Wentz all the success in the world now that he left NDSU.  You and Tony just can't seem to grasp that concept because you, Tony, and multiple trolls here hate UND blindly.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The other guy had an Indian name.  Could be from Pakistan  or Bangladesh, but the Indian subcontinent.

You are just another bison troll that supports NDSu's leadership blindly.  If you haven't noticed, UND demands ethical behavior from their leaders and if they aren't, they get trashed on this forum.  NDSU fans blindly support any kind of behavior of their leaders as long as they think it will get them ahead.  Look at the student fee fiasco.  What was supposedly good for five years is no longer good, but you and other bison fano are fine with leadership going back on their word.

I have brothers and relatives that are NDSU grads.  Support them and want them to be successful.  That's entirely different than  wanting the Bizon to lose.  Hoping Carson Wentz all the success in the world now that he left NDSU.  You and Tony just can't seem to grasp that concept because you, Tony, and multiple trolls here hate UND blindly.

Good thing I put those boots on.:lol:

The "optics" of this one keep getting worse:

“I flew halfway across the world with a three-star general who was going to be second in command in Afghanistan, and we flew coach,” Hagerott told the Associated Press. I contacted Gov. Jack Dalrymple’s office regarding their policy on first-class travel. “The governor’s office purchases coach only for governor, lieutenant governor and all staff,” spokesman Jeff Zent told me.

In fact, Lt. Gov. Drew Wrigley was in Israel on state business while Bresciani was visiting India. Wrigley, Zent confirmed, got a coach class ticket.

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The "optics" of this one keep getting worse:

“I flew halfway across the world with a three-star general who was going to be second in command in Afghanistan, and we flew coach,” Hagerott told the Associated Press. I contacted Gov. Jack Dalrymple’s office regarding their policy on first-class travel. “The governor’s office purchases coach only for governor, lieutenant governor and all staff,” spokesman Jeff Zent told me.

In fact, Lt. Gov. Drew Wrigley was in Israel on state business while Bresciani was visiting India. Wrigley, Zent confirmed, got a coach class ticket.

What others - especially those NOT operating under the maligned NDUS policy - may have done is completely irrelevant to the discussion. If you look hard enough, you'll find someone who backpacked to the coast and hitched a ride on a tramp steamer to India.

Some people are cheap; some are just naturally humble; some recognize that there are can be value in upgrading goods and services. The worst are the ones who will forego niceties and then spend the rest of their lives boasting about it and judging others.

Some people make only one trip at an all you can eat buffet. Maybe they weren't hungry, or they would have been embarrassed or ashamed. Does that make everyone else a glutton? What if the two-tripper didn't like to carry as much on his plate, or hadn't eaten all day, or all week? Maybe the three-tripper wanted to try different entrees, or sides. Bottom line, they all paid the same admission, under the same rules, and management left the choice up to them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

What others - especially those NOT operating under the maligned NDUS policy - may have done is completely irrelevant to the discussion. If you look hard enough, you'll find someone who backpacked to the coast and hitched a ride on a tramp steamer to India.

Some people are cheap; some are just naturally humble; some recognize that there are can be value in upgrading goods and services. The worst are the ones who will forego niceties and then spend the rest of their lives boasting about it and judging others.

Some people make only one trip at an all you can eat buffet. Maybe they weren't hungry, or they would have been embarrassed or ashamed. Does that make everyone else a glutton? What if the two-tripper didn't like to carry as much on his plate, or hadn't eaten all day, or all week? Maybe the three-tripper wanted to try different entrees, or sides. Bottom line, they all paid the same admission, under the same rules, and management left the choice up to them.

All I said was the optics, which Mike McFeely loves to blame while defending Lord Dean, appear bad in this one.  Right or wrong.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Bresciani's buffet was an extra $7,000. What he did was a waste of state funds. Stop trying to defend it and the story will go away.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Bresciani's buffet was an extra $7,000. What he did was a waste of state funds. Stop trying to defend it and the story will go away.

He was going to hog and jog, got caught and had to beg someone else to pay for him.