SiouxSports.com Forum

So Bresciani has a goal to make NDSU AAU ....

SiouxVolley

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

(yawn).  This story is getting old.  Whether he was misinterpreted about his true feelings about the new deal, I really don't think that is grounds for firing him.  Even with his past history with miscommunication.

Is it grounds for not renewing a contract when combined with past history with the SBoHE?  A board that has lots of ties to NDSU by the way. 

22 hours ago, homer said:

Every article about issues with the NDSU president mention UND or its alums.  The issues at NDSU have nothing to do with UND and everything to do with presidents who do what they want.  When there are way to many colleges in the system it is not going to work.    

The problem is a system that holds institutions back from moving forward. Wast much of a kerfuffle until NDSU started moving ahead . Then there is holy hell to pay. The system doesnt reward vision and performance. It would rather stifle and try to keep everyone at the same level lest we have to manufacture issues to keep you under our thumb.

The whole dirty underside of this  has been exposed and shows how petty this whole thing is.

11 minutes ago, bison73 said:

The problem is a system that holds institutions back from moving forward. Wast much of a kerfuffle until NDSU started moving ahead . Then there is holy hell to pay. The system doesnt reward vision and performance. It would rather stifle and try to keep everyone at the same level lest we have to manufacture issues to keep you under our thumb.

The whole dirty underside of this  has been exposed and shows how petty this whole thing is.

By the system you are talking about the SBoHE with a lot of ties to NDSU?  

1 hour ago, homer said:

By the system you are talking about the SBoHE with a lot of ties to NDSU?  

Is that the same one with a lot of ties to UND and the state legislature?  Everyone knows who the principle players are. All you had to do was read the emails and texts and who was quoting who in the media. Its so bad Ray Charles could follow that path. Its a witch hunt. Nothing more and nothing less. If they cant keep him under their thumb they want him gone regardless of the great things he accomplished.

• Downvote 1

On 9/2/2016 at 9:20 AM, jdub27 said:

Please name all the ties on the SBoHE to UND and then look at the legislature and do the same, then compare for NDSU. The BS talking point that the SBoHE and state legislature is controlled by UND grads is complete and utter nonsense and nowhere near accurate, especially since those with NDSU ties outnumber those with UND ties. Quit repeating the talking points that have no basis in actual facts and take the time to look up the numbers for yourself.

Sorry I should have just said western legislators. I think you will see an attempt to put the heat on Klieman and Larson as there are numerous FOI requests on their communications. They are looking for any thing to put the pressure on NDSU after the last round blew up in their face.  They are try to stack the deck again as they have in the past.

11 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Sorry I should have just said western legislators. I think you will see an attempt to put the heat on Klieman and Larson as there are numerous FOI requests on their communications. They are looking for any thing to put the pressure on NDSU after the last round blew up in their face.  They are try to stack the deck again as they have in the past.

I always find it funny that the western legislatures are always brought up but the biggest anti higher ed state employee gets reelected in Fargo every year and is a NDSU grad.  He has stayed out of the news lately but has historically been the ring leader for the fight against higher ed. 

2 hours ago, homer said:

I always find it funny that the western legislatures are always brought up but the biggest anti higher ed state employee gets reelected in Fargo every year and is a NDSU grad.  He has stayed out of the news lately but has historically been the ring leader for the fight against higher ed. 

Its not a secret. The crap thats going on is just a petty power play. Problem is nobody will call them on it.  The FCC is in cahoots so they sure as heck wont report it just like the emails that showed what was really going on. You didnt see the FF writing a piece condemning it because they were players behind the scene. The whole thing stinks.

So theres one in Fargo. That hardly diminishes the fact of whats going on and whos behind it.  It seem the more things they try to change in this state the more they stay the same.

Ive talked to numerous businessmen in Fargo and everyone to a man has told me of the resistance to change not only in education but business etc. that they experience. Its pretty prevalent so I dont understand the poohpoohing of it like it doesnt exist.

5 hours ago, bison73 said:

Its not a secret. The crap thats going on is just a petty power play. Problem is nobody will call them on it.  The FCC is in cahoots so they sure as heck wont report it just like the emails that showed what was really going on. You didnt see the FF writing a piece condemning it because they were players behind the scene. The whole thing stinks.

So theres one in Fargo. That hardly diminishes the fact of whats going on and whos behind it.  It seem the more things they try to change in this state the more they stay the same.

Ive talked to numerous businessmen in Fargo and everyone to a man has told me of the resistance to change not only in education but business etc. that they experience. Its pretty prevalent so I dont understand the poohpoohing of it like it doesnt exist.

If the people in Fargo have a problem with it a good start would be voting Al Carlson out of office.  It was fine when UND was his/their target though.   Where was the support for higher ed than? 

13 hours ago, bison73 said:

Typical. The facts don't back up the talking point so the goalposts move. It has always been that it was the "UND controlled" legislature out to get NDSU but I guess there isn't actually much to back that up, though I don't expect the claim to go away. Right around 25% of the legislature has some sort of NDSU ties as does exactly half of the SBoHE. FargoU has more than enough representation, in fact more so than any other institution in the state, yet they are always claiming they are the ones being picked on. Ever stop to think about why that might be and how it is strange that there always seems to be something to find? Looking the mirror once in a while may be a worthwhile exercise instead of continuing to cast blame everywhere else.

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Typical. The facts don't back up the talking point so the goalposts move. It has always been that it was the "UND controlled" legislature out to get NDSU but I guess there isn't actually much to back that up, though I don't expect the claim to go away. Right around 25% of the legislature has some sort of NDSU ties as does exactly half of the SBoHE. FargoU has more than enough representation, in fact more so than any other institution in the state, yet they are always claiming they are the ones being picked on. Ever stop to think about why that might be and how it is strange that there always seems to be something to find? Looking the mirror once in a while may be a worthwhile exercise instead of continuing to cast blame everywhere else.

Dont need to look in the mirror. The fact that people were caught in lies from the SBOHE or the NDSUS in this fiasco and havent resigned is astounding. I will also throw in incompetence.

22 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Dont need to look in the mirror. The fact that people were caught in lies from the SBOHE or the NDSUS in this fiasco and havent resigned is astounding. I will also throw in incompetence.

I missed where SBoHE or NDSUS or were caught lying?  

59 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I believe you mean the NDUS - the North Dakota University System. 

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

I'd like to point out that a supporter of NDSU is actually astounded that someone didn't resign for lying or being dishonest. That should be the real headline here.

Exactly what is this fiasco and what lies were the SBoHE (which again, is 50% made-up of people with NDSU ties) caught in?  And your response proves my point. It is somehow never NDSU's fault even though there coincidentally always seems to be something behind the curtain.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I'd like to point out that a supporter of NDSU is actually astounded that someone didn't resign for lying or being dishonest. That should be the real headline here.

Exactly what is this fiasco and what lies were the SBoHE (which again, is 50% made-up of people with NDSU ties) caught in?  And your response proves my point. It is somehow never NDSU's fault even though there coincidentally always seems to be something behind the curtain.

When a person says there is a plan that DB was to follow and you find out there was no such plan and never was according to the released communications is that not astounding?

Usually when a person is counseled the deficiencies are written down along with a plan for a correction and both parties have to sign off on it. I guess you cant have anything written down when it didnt happen.

She flat out lied. If she has a conversation in regards to the plan and doesnt document the meeting thats incompetency. She should resign dont you think? You would be asking DB to resign if he had done the same and so would the board.

Theres plenty behind the curtain. You just choose not to acknowledge it here.

So whos pulling the strings?

49 minutes ago, bison73 said:

When a person says there is a plan that DB was to follow and you find out there was no such plan and never was according to the released communications is that not astounding?

Usually when a person is counseled the deficiencies are written down along with a plan for a correction and both parties have to sign of on it. I guess you cant have anything written down when it didn't happen.

She flat out lied. If she has a conversation in regards to the plan thats incompetency. She should resign dont you think? You would be asking DB to resignif he had done the same and so would the board.

Theres plenty behind the curtain. You just choose not to acknowledge it here.

She used the words "improvement plan" when she should have phrased it differently. There is zero arguing that there were issues that were laid out on the table to be addressed and that is what she was referring to. It was stated in June that "the board would like to see “some work done” between Bresciani and board members. This includes setting metrics for the university president in areas of communication, teamwork and collaboration, as well as furthering research efforts for NDSU and IT compliance with state law". 

She, under pressure from the media frenzy created by NDSU's brilliant media policies and subsequent stumbles explaining and retracting them, felt the need to release a statement immediately. Argue her poor wording all you want, but she was not incorrect in pointing out that what appeared to be happening was another example of something that had already been noted as a deficiency. Reading what was released, it appears that only two people had issues with any of the wording and one of them was the sole SBoHE rep with any ties to UND , but I suppose that probably doesn't go along with all the conspiracy theories that UND is pulling strings to knock down NDSU.

However none of the above has anything to do with DB's prior actions (that led to his contract not being renewed yet) or his handling of the media debacle.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

She used the words "improvement plan" when she should have phrased it differently. There is zero arguing that there were issues that were laid out on the table to be addressed and that is what she was referring to. It was stated in June that "the board would like to see “some work done” between Bresciani and board members. This includes setting metrics for the university president in areas of communication, teamwork and collaboration, as well as furthering research efforts for NDSU and IT compliance with state law". 

She, under pressure from the media frenzy created by NDSU's brilliant media policies and subsequent stumbles explaining and retracting them, felt the need to release a statement immediately. Argue her poor wording all you want, but she was not incorrect in pointing out that what appeared to be happening was another example of something that had already been noted as a deficiency. Reading what was released, it appears that only two people had issues with any of the wording and one of them was the sole SBoHE rep with any ties to UND , but I suppose that probably doesn't go along with all the conspiracy theories that UND is pulling strings to knock down NDSU.

However none of the above has anything to do with DB's prior actions (that led to his contract not being renewed yet) or his handling of the media debacle.

It has everything to do with it. Its petty and shouldnt be an issue.. People are pulling the strings behind the scenes and the puppets are dancing. .

38 minutes ago, bison73 said:

It has everything to do with it. Its petty and shouldnt be an issue.. People are pulling the strings behind the scenes and the puppets are dancing. .

Why haven't the folks with NDSU ties on the board step up?  Should be easy for them to call this out.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, bison73 said:

It has everything to do with it. Its petty and shouldnt be an issue.. People are pulling the strings behind the scenes and the puppets are dancing.

So someone is forcing Bresciani to make poor decisions and use bad judgement? It is really hard to to buy all the conspiracy theory stuff when every time there is a supposed witch hunt against NDSU, something comes out of it. But I'm sure you'll ignore all the those things and instead put the blame for it on the people who call him out on it since that is standard operating procedure. Zero responsibility for issues that have become the norm coming from the NDSU president's office.

28 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So someone is forcing Bresciani to make poor decisions and use bad judgement? It is really hard to to buy all the conspiracy theory stuff when every time there is a supposed witch hunt against NDSU, something comes out of it. But I'm sure you'll ignore all the those things and instead put the blame for it on the people who call him out on it since that is standard operating procedure. Zero responsibility for issues that have become the norm coming from the NDSU president's office.

Of course this is your opinion. But I get it and why.

28 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Of course this is your opinion. But I get it and why.

It is not an opinion that DB has a history of making poor decisions and judgement calls. 

It is not an opinion that his boss and the SBoHE (half of which has NDSU ties) agrees with this and have not yet renewed his contract because of it.

It is not an opinion that multiple NDSU presidents have a problematic history of working with the NDUS system and chancellor because they don't work well with others despite being part of the University System.

What is an opinion, with no proven factual information, is that somehow all of this is "people out to get NDSU" despite NDSU having strong representation in the groups that are being accused of it. 

• Upvote 2