SiouxSports.com Forum

So Bresciani has a goal to make NDSU AAU ....

SiouxVolley

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I don't exactly care for McFeely, but he hits the nail on the head here.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4105788-mcfeely-stop-me-if-youve-heard-one

Interesting take considering that the "naysayers" seemed to be right about Chapman, his goals and disregard for the cost to achieve them. Per Bresciani, they were on the brink of collapse when he took over. While the situations aren't the same, there are similarities. 

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Interesting take considering that the "naysayers" seemed to be right about Chapman, his goals and disregard for the cost to achieve them. Per Bresciani, they were on the brink of collapse when he took over. While the situations aren't the same, there are similarities. 

But the attacks are tired and the attackers predictable. At some point, the only response to constant complainers is to hand them a mirror.

I've always found it interesting that UND alums and Grand Forks legislators are willing to see and discuss the faults in the UND administration, but the FU folks remain completely blind to their administrators' issues and will defend them to the end of the earth. Only conclusion I can draw is there is a serious need for improvement in critical thinking at FU.

50 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I would encourage you to read beyond the petty swipe at UND and look at the bigger picture.

One need not take sides in UND vs NDSU when the issue in question is The World vs Higher Ed in ND.

When you run into one a-hole, chances are he was an a-hole. When everyone you run into is an a-hole, chances are you're the a-hole. 

42 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The articles point isn't wtf is up with higher ed board in ND.

It's wtf is up with the higher ed board against NDSU?

Answer: UND.

That was the point of the article.

You and others seem to have a serious hang-up (bordering on inferiority complex) about UND.

I count exactly 3 paragraphs (out of 21!) that have remotely anything to do with Grand Forks.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

You and others seem to have a serious hang-up (bordering on inferiority complex) about UND.

I count exactly 3 paragraphs (out of 21!) that have remotely anything to do with Grand Forks.

Mcfeely blames UND for problems brought on ndsu by their arrogant douche of a president and we're the ones with an inferiority complex. I understand you're an ndsu fan but come on. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Every article about issues with the NDSU president mention UND or its alums.  The issues at NDSU have nothing to do with UND and everything to do with presidents who do what they want.  When there are way to many colleges in the system it is not going to work.    

26 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

You seem to have a serious hang up about understanding journalism.

10 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Mcfeely blames UND for problems brought on ndsu by their arrogant douche of a president and we're the ones with an inferiority complex. I understand you're an ndsu fan but come on. 

10 hours ago, homer said:

Every article about issues with the NDSU president mention UND or its alums.  The issues at NDSU have nothing to do with UND and everything to do with presidents who do what they want.  When there are way to many colleges in the system it is not going to work.    

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

You seem to have a serious hang up about understanding journalism.

Yet, to anyone without this particular axe to grind, this piece does indeed present a cogent, campus-neutral critique of the critics of higher ed.

17 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

(yawn).  This story is getting old.  Whether he was misinterpreted about his true feelings about the new deal, I really don't think that is grounds for firing him.  Even with his past history with miscommunication.

• Upvote 1