SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameday Thread

Dustin

I'm glad this game happened. It showed where we are with the best in the FCS and our offense needs help and our secondary needs help. Going 3 and out all the time and having NDSU cash in on those opportunities, I credit them. Great job executing those drives. What UND needs to do is take any (and there is a little) positives and take out the frustration on UC Davis. We can still win the BSC. Day by day, losing to the Bison doesn't end our season...losing to Big Sky opponents end our season.

• Upvote 1

The problem with the offense is the O-line. Changing the quarterback is not going to fix anything at this point. Bubba and company are going to stay the course and let the offensive players learn on the job. There is no real credible alternative right now. This staff inherited one of the worst teams in program history and has exactly one recruiting class of its own to work with, along with some leftovers from the Mussman regime and some transfers.

People need to get their butts to the Alerus Center next Saturday and every home game after that and support the team and the program. I will be there next week. Will you?

I went to last Saturdays game.  When the product gets better, I will return.  Next week? No chance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I'm glad this game happened. It showed where we are with the best in the FCS and our offense needs help and our secondary needs help. Going 3 and out all the time and having NDSU cash in on those opportunities, I credit them. Great job executing those drives. What UND needs to do is take any (and there is a little) positives and take out the frustration on UC Davis. We can still win the BSC. Day by day, losing to the Bison doesn't end our season...losing to Big Sky opponents end our season.

That's a good one!

• Upvote 1

I went to last Saturdays game.  When the product gets better, I will return.  Next week? No chance. 

You do realize that you are not helping the program by being a fair-weather fan? Or maybe you don't realize that? Maybe someone on here can shoot you a PM and tell you when it is safe to go to a game again?

Either you support the program or you don't. Or you are a hockey-only rube and don't really care either way.

• Upvote 1

True definition of a fair weather fan.  Heard you jumped off the bandwagon after the Hrkac circus lost to U.S. international, then had to jump back on!

• Upvote 2

Not happening.  The Montanas are going to pound us just as bad and so will Cal Poly.   I had figured we'd lose to NDSU but the total lack of offense shows just how bad this team is.    When you don't get a first down until the very end of the third quarter and have something like 4 or 5 yards rushing, it means you have a long ways to go.

• Upvote 1

Not happening.  The Montanas are going to pound us just as bad and so will Cal Poly.   I had figured we'd lose to NDSU but the total lack of offense shows just how bad this team is.    When you don't get a first down until the very end of the third quarter and have something like 4 or 5 yards rushing, it means you have a long ways to go.

All I'm saying is we have a lot of work to do but because we lost to NDSU doesn't mean the season is done. Stranger things has happened, look at the second half of last season.

I'll say it again, it says a lot about Bubba's character that he insisted on this game getting scheduled no matter what the demands. We are in year two of a rebuilding process, this young team needed to be shown that it is going to take a lot more work to build it back. I like the talent and the character of this team from top to bottom. As I have for the last 8 years I will be in the stands for every home game cheering them on.

• Upvote 2

All I'm saying is we have a lot of work to do but because we lost to NDSU doesn't mean the season is done. Stranger things has happened, look at the second half of last season.

you mean UND beat like two or three really bad tteams at the end of the year?

• Downvote 6

Show of hands........Who had us at 2-1 after 3 games before the season started?

Not me.

Show of hands.....who thought we would be so completely inept offensively that we could only manage 4 yards rushing and 61 total vs NDSU?