SiouxSports.com Forum

Top 25 this week????

Risky

Polls are for fans. Most that vote have no clue who they are voting for or have their intern do it. 

We can't even get a first team all conference player no way we get noticed enough for top 25 - doesn't matter to the team or the coaches though. Let's take care of business and be the undefeated team in Fargo. 

• Upvote 1

In one preseason poll UND was in the 60's.  Someone else said it, but these polls don't project where a team is headed, they really have no clue, and are reactionary in nature.  Headline wins will get the pollster's attention.  Even more, statistically we controlled the game........I wish the 92 yard bomb didn't happen.  I too think we will 'get votes' this week.  After smoking Drake we might land at 24, 25.......

So a 30 spot jump or so week #1, not bad. 

I hope we aren't ranked yet.

Let the players get pissed and play with a chip on their shoulder rather than having them thinking it's pretty to cool to be ranked and thinking they are better than they really are.

Let's go earn it.

Edited by UNDvince97-01
  • Upvote 1

You aren't answering any of my questions.  How about we start with this one...What position group (i.e. QB, WR, TE, etc.) do you feel the Sue have as an advantage over the Bison and why?  I am not sold on our RB group and will be interested to see the Freshman RB you have.

None of them.

We're two spots outside of the top 25 this week. I'd say that's appropriate and the perfect motivator for the team.

Agreed after Saturday we do not deserve to be in the top 25. I am hoping Rudolph purposely called a vanilla game to not reveal too much and the entire team has a  bit of a wake up call.