SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

And I get sick of UND fans saying they were just a subbed invitation away from winning a National Championship. 

No one except you said that, it's the reward of winning 7 games taken away because we don't have enough quality losses and it's given to a 6 win team that UND fans are pissed about. So if you want to make !@#$ up as you go along head over to the imaginary land called Bisonswille. Where you can fit right in.

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

No one except you said that, it's the reward of winning 7 games taken away because we don't have enough quality losses and it's given to a 6 win team that UND fans are pissed about. So if you want to make !@#$ up as you go along head over to the imaginary land called Bisonswille. Where you can fit right in.

I agree, no one here said we win a Natty Title but the fact that we keep bringing up not getting in the playoffs and whole quality loss thing is what keeps driving this issue.   We laid an egg against Idaho State and Weber and it came back to bite us.   No use constantly bringing up missing the playoffs because that just feeds the Bison with the idea that we somehow thought we make this long playoff run to the championship.

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

Well one of your UND beat writers tweeted out when there weren't enough bowl eligible teams that a team in Grand Forks would take on anybody in the FBS. Kind of sounds like Mr. Nelson thinks UND was as good as anybody in the country.

2 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Well one of your UND beat writers tweeted out when there weren't enough bowl eligible teams that a team in Grand Forks would take on anybody in the FBS. Kind of sounds like Mr. Nelson thinks UND was as good as anybody in the country.

Wow. That is all. 

24 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Since when does a f'n beat writer speak for everyone? You're unbelievable...

36 minutes ago, Sodacker said:

Wow. That is all. 

Do you expect anything different from the ag schoolers. They want everyone to kneel down and kiss their feet,  and when someone doesn't, its an issue.  They want justification at all times as to why they are gods gift. 

I work with some ndsu fans and they are very good with acknowledging what they have done but do not need the every day pat on the back and did not inherit the gloat attitude.  They win and lose with dignity as where these f,?&$ing trolls feel the need to come here and remind us why nobody on this planet has a chance. Then they wait for a response and when it's not what they want to hear, everyone else is an idiot.  Stay at you own site so you can circle j@#^ 24/7. 

43 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

That is strange that he would say that but how does it lead to your statement-  I get sick of UND fans saying they were just a snubbed invitation away from winning a National Championship.

I still haven't seen that anywhere.

11 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

That is strange that he would say that but how does it lead to your statement-  I get sick of UND fans saying they were just a snubbed invitation away from winning a National Championship.

I still haven't seen that anywhere.

You won't find it anywhere because no one ever said it.  

What you will find if one would dig hard enough is NDSU fans who wrote about going to a bowl game in about 2008ish when they were not playoff elgible.  Weird that was ok at the time. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Wayne Nelson isn't a beat writer. There wasn't enough bowl eligible teams. UND absolutely would have loved the opportunity to keep playing football. Kind of sounds like you're really reaching. Or maybe he dug through Forum Communication's archives and found some of the bowl game crap that came out of Fargo when the writers down there were beating the drum from NDSU to get invited to a bowl game during their transition.

20 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

You are comparing a week 3 UND squad vs. a semifinalist Richmond team?

Again......Richmond sucks.

I'm sure we here on this board, and the folks on the Richmond board have a slew of reasons why their team looked awful against the ac.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Why would they travel 90 miles north when they can make 100'000's of thousands of dollars with an FBS road game or another home game? If UND would pay a 400 to 500 thousand guarantee NDSU would be happy to take it.

ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS! - ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS!  Dr. Evil

Please take a math course.  Or if the team is actually making that much money, why haven't they built an FBS stadium yet?

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm sure we here on this board, and the folks on the Richmond board have a slew of reasons why their team looked awful against the ac.

Ours was young and got outplayed week 3. You don't think UND improved as the season went on?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Hey Poindexter - you come to a UND fan site. feed the fire and you are surprised when you read negative comments about SU? Have you ever heard what's said between SDSU/USD fans or Montana/Montana State fans? It's called rivalry talk - now if you want to read hate talk about a rival head over to Bisonswille you'll find an entire category of it.  Meanwhile I still have to question why so many SU trolls take the time to come here - a fan site for the Flagship School of North Dakota that SU only plays once every four years - when you have a team playing for a national championship. So much envy and insecurity, it's like UND hurt you or something?    

Who is this rival you speak of? NDSU has a rival? NONSENSE!

5 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I don't think NDSU is going to have a cake walk agiainst JSU. They have proven they can be beaten(USD) if they play poorly. But people that think Jax State is going to roll through NDSU like they did against SHSU are wrong.

And I get sick of UND fans saying they were just a subbed invitation away from winning a National Championship. 

Now you are delusional - no one here that is a UND fan has ever said we were National Championship caliber. However it was quite obvious that based on what happened on the field we were better than a 6-5 team that got the nod in a backroom cluster...

1 hour ago, homer said:

Ours was young and got outplayed week 3. You don't think UND improved as the season went on?

Exactly........ Richmond was a SEMIFINALIST in the FCS playoffs. UND was a week 3 regular season team trying to find its way and stride. I have zero doubt the UND team that throttled Poly on the road would have been a stiffer test for SU last Friday than Richmond.

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Exactly........ Richmond was a SEMIFINALIST in the FCS playoffs. UND was a week 3 regular season team trying to find its way and stride. I have zero doubt the UND team that throttled Poly on the road would have been a stiffer test for SU last Friday than Richmond.

I don't know. UND gets some injuries and we just don't have the depth to make up for it. Making it to the Semi's makes for a long season you need or usually need depth to be competive at that point. Not sure and don't care enough to look if Richmond had injuries but I'll give the credit on making the semis. With all that said man did UND look good at the end of the year. I want to agree with you that we would of been better than Richmond, there's to many variables to know for sure. 

35 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

22 minutes ago, bang said:

I don't know. UND gets some injuries and we just don't have the depth to make up for it. Making it to the Semi's makes for a long season you need or usually need depth to be competive at that point. Not sure and don't care enough to look if Richmond had injuries but I'll give the credit on making the semis. With all that said man did UND look good at the end of the year. I want to agree with you that we would of been better than Richmond, there's to many variables to know for sure. 

And some of you are wondering why an NDSU fan is saying UND fans think they are a snubbed invite away from making a championship run? Now UND is better than a national semifinalist? UND was playing better at the end of the season compared to the beginning, but so are most teams who are playoff caliber. I find it interesting that UND fans think they would give NDSU a better shot now, it's quite clear that NDSU drastically improved over the course of the season as well, eg Montna games.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

And some of you are wondering why an NDSU fan is saying UND fans think they are a snubbed invite away from making a championship run? Now UND is better than a national semifinalist? UND was playing better at the end of the season compared to the beginning, but so are most teams who are playoff caliber. I find it interesting that UND fans think they would give NDSU a better shot now, it's quite clear that NDSU drastically improved over the course of the season as well, eg Montna games.

I just think UNDs style matches up better with NDSU than Richmond. NDSU beat UND handily but it wasn't because they ran straight at them over and over. 

I'm not saying UND is a better team than Richmond but Stick would have actually had to thrown the ball vs UND. 

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I never said UND would beat SU if they would have played Friday but UND was playing very well at the end of the year especially on defense. No Wentz makes SU close to one dimensional. Stick is no Wentz and he looks better than he plays when SU runs over everyone. The end of the year UND team matches up better with SU than Richmond did IMO but that doesn't mean I feel UND could have won in the Dome Friday.

26 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I know what I meant and read thru what oxbow wrote and neither of us said anything about beating NDSU. The comments were whether or not we'd be better than Richmond. 

26 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I never said UND would beat SU if they would have played Friday but UND was playing very well at the end of the year especially on defense. No Wentz makes SU close to one dimensional. Stick is no Wentz and he looks better than he plays when SU runs over everyone. The end of the year UND team matches up better with SU than Richmond did IMO but that doesn't mean I feel UND could have won in the Dome Friday.

Und would of lost to ndsu had they met in the playoffs  but ndsu wasn't able to run on und the first time and they wouldn't of been able to the second either.  Wentzs arm was the offense for them against und.  

8 hours ago, CMSioux said:

No question - it's historic and something any fan base would relish. Too bad the ongoing posts here make it impossible to root for them even a little. 

Especially since their fan base would never, ever root for us in the same situation. They would come up with all sorts of excuses as to why it doesn't matter or why we were lucky all season and shouldn't have gotten this far and so on. One thing I don't want to hear is that the whole State of North Dakota should get together and rally around the almighty Bison because it "benefits the whole state". :silly: HORSECRAP! It only benefits NDSU and Imperial Cass County....and that is it.

Simply put, I am a fan of whomever is playing the Bison every week (regular season or playoffs). Because they would do the exact same thing in our shoes.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bang said:

I know what I meant and read thru what oxbow wrote and neither of us said anything about beating NDSU. The comments were whether or not we'd be better than Richmond. 

Again, you do realize you are saying that a 7-4 team that missed the playoffs is better than a national semifinalist right?

What about the NDSU/UND game makes anyone around here think UND would have done better than Richmond? The scores were nearly identical.