SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey Assistant Job Posted

The Sicatoka

I thought we would of heard something by now. Perhaps next week a hire will be announced.

Purely speculative, but I wonder if Shaw might potentially have an assistant opportunity in Edmonton considering he and Todd McLellan have a strong relationship.

Lest everyone forget, hiring externally at the University of North Dakota is a bit of a process and has a specific protocol.  :)

When a person applies for a position, their application is screened by the HR department.  After the application deadline, a list of applicants that earned the highest points is forwarded from HR to the hiring department.  ALL applicants on the screening list MUST be interviewed.  After interviews have been conducted, the hiring department can decide how to move forward (reduce the list of finalists, hire someone, choose to go deeper in the pool of applicants, etc.).  If the hiring department decides not to hire an applicant, documentation must be provided with exact reasoning behind that decision.  At the point that the hiring department has made their selection, all of the documentation is reviewed by the UND Affirmative Action Office to ensure there has been no bias or unfair treatment to the applicants.  I believe most positions also require a criminal background check.  After all of that, THEN the hiring department can make an offer.

I don't remember the deadline that was posted, but the delay shouldn't be worrisome just yet.

Lest everyone forget, hiring externally at the University of North Dakota is a bit of a process and has a specific protocol. :)

When a person applies for a position, their application is screened by the HR department. After the application deadline, a list of applicants that earned the highest points is forwarded from HR to the hiring department. ALL applicants on the screening list MUST be interviewed. After interviews have been conducted, the hiring department can decide how to move forward (reduce the list of finalists, hire someone, choose to go deeper in the pool of applicants, etc.). If the hiring department decides not to hire an applicant, documentation must be provided with exact reasoning behind that decision. At the point that the hiring department has made their selection, all of the documentation is reviewed by the UND Affirmative Action Office to ensure there has been no bias or unfair treatment to the applicants. I believe most positions also require a criminal background check. After all of that, THEN the hiring department can make an offer.

I don't remember the deadline that was posted, but the delay shouldn't be worrisome just yet.

You know that process well. It's as if you work in the HR department. ?

Lest everyone forget, hiring externally at the University of North Dakota is a bit of a process and has a specific protocol.  :)

When a person applies for a position, their application is screened by the HR department.  After the application deadline, a list of applicants that earned the highest points is forwarded from HR to the hiring department.  ALL applicants on the screening list MUST be interviewed.  After interviews have been conducted, the hiring department can decide how to move forward (reduce the list of finalists, hire someone, choose to go deeper in the pool of applicants, etc.).  If the hiring department decides not to hire an applicant, documentation must be provided with exact reasoning behind that decision.  At the point that the hiring department has made their selection, all of the documentation is reviewed by the UND Affirmative Action Office to ensure there has been no bias or unfair treatment to the applicants.  I believe most positions also require a criminal background check.  After all of that, THEN the hiring department can make an offer.

Not a bad hiring process........for a chemistry professor.  But it has no place in the world of Division I athletics.

It's been a rough time for gfhockey and the %gobc. They just can't get anything right anymore..  :lol:

what do you mean anymore? :). They have been a constant source of misinformation that has kept everyone "behind the 8 ball".