SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey Assistant Job Posted

The Sicatoka

UND posts assistant coach job; looking for someone to work with D-men and someone with NHL coaching experience

POSITION:  Assistant Coach – Men’s Hockey

SALARY:  Dependent upon experience; benefits, exempt, full-time

The University of North Dakota is seeking applicants for an Assistant Coach position with the Men’s Hockey program.

JOB DESCRIPTION:
Assist the head men’s hockey coach is all aspects Division 1 hockey program including but not limited to:

Assist with all competitions, practices, games and travel
Teach game skills and strategies
Oversee academic supervision of players
Recruiting of student athletes
Work extensively with the defensemen
Participate in public relations, alumni functions and fund raising
Monitoring of social media for student athletes
Other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Must have a commitment to NCAA compliance and follow all NCAA, conference and UND rules and regulations.

Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student athletes including a valid driver’s license.

Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:

Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum 12 years’ experience coaching hockey at the NCAA, junior hockey or professional hockey
Experience coaching and developing defensemen at NCAA D1 or professional level
Experience with coaching/developing power play at any level
Experience with video breakdown and analysis at the NCAA D1 or professional level
Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
Must have a thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance and following all NCAA, conference and UND rules and regulations
Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of student athletes including having a valid driver’s license.
Must successfully complete a criminal history background check
QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:

Experience with in-game bench management of defensemen at the NCAA D1 or professional level
Experience evaluating and recruiting players at NCAA D1 level, USHL, as well as other junior  hockey leagues
Experience with video capturing/editing software: (X/Os Thunder, Steva, Pucks, Game Breaker etc)
Experience playing as a defenseman at the NCAA D1 level
Experience designing and executing on-ice practice at the NCAA D1 or professional level
Experience coaching power play at the NHL level
Minimum 5 years’ experience coaching at the NHL level

UND posts assistant coach job; looking for someone to work with D-men and someone with NHL coaching experience

This immediately caught my eye:

QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:

Experience coaching power play at the NHL level

Minimum 5 years’ experience coaching at the NHL level

Thinking of Alumni that fit the preferred?

Commie....social media monitoring?...out.

Tippett?

Nick Fuher?

John Marks....would really doubt this one.

Hrkac? ?????

Rick Wilson?? probably doesn't want to leave the MN wild but just a thought

Not that I've seen many of these assistant coach job descriptions but i've seen a few job descriptions in my day. This seems to me to have someone's name written on it, if we could just decipher the code

Beat me to it.  My thoughts exactly.

Much like the Brad Berry hire when Hakstol replaced Eades with Berry, this job posting looks like it was written specifically for someone that the coaching staff has in mind.

Completely agree.  They know who they want, and this position is already filled.  They just need to go through the motions with this to be compliant.

Well, I fully intend to submit my application as I have coach/played for a variety of teams dating back to NHL93 on Super Nintendo. I also have more Stanley Cups than anyone in the market, consistently winning more than 1 cup in any given calendar year. Name any current coach who can claim that.

I would also like to point out the my stretch of playing C-team youth hockey between squirts and bantams (C stand for Cup, of which I have many; again, see above).

In addition to extensive NHL experience, I have also watched the movie Miracle and know that the name on the front of your jersey (hopefully just North Dakota) is more important than the one on your back. (Unless we had landed Auston Matthew, in which case everyone just get him the puck)

I've wanted to get into the NCAA for a long time, but until EA Sports gets their S%!# together and makes a game, this is looking like my opportunity.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Well, I fully intend to submit my application as I have coach/played for a variety of teams dating back to NHL93 on Super Nintendo. I also have more Stanley Cups than anyone in the market, consistently winning more than 1 cup in any given calendar year. Name any current coach who can claim that.

I would also like to point out the my stretch of playing C-team youth hockey between squirts and bantams (C stand for Cup, of which I have many; again, see above).

In addition to extensive NHL experience, I have also watched the movie Miracle and know that the name on the front of your jersey (hopefully just North Dakota) is more important than the one on your back. (Unless we had landed Auston Matthew, in which case everyone just get him the puck)

I've wanted to get into the NCAA for a long time, but until EA Sports gets their S%!# together and makes a game, this is looking like my opportunity.

#ChickThePigskin right??