SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

• 3 weeks later...

Changes the NCHC is doing for next season.

-NHL nets

-23 player travel rosters

-Not official yet, experimenting with 3 on 3 overtimes. Overtime will be 5-on-5 for 5 minutes, if no one scores it will be followed by a 5 minute 3-on-3 overtime. Again if no one scores it will be followed by a shootout.

Changes the NCHC is doing for next season.

-NHL nets

-23 player travel rosters

-Not official yet, experimenting with 3 on 3 overtimes. Overtime will be 5-on-5 for 5 minutes, if no one scores it will be followed by a 5 minute 3-on-3 overtime. Again if no one scores it will be followed by a shootout.

LOVE this.

The 3 on 3 thing to me is silly.

The shootout is a skills comp and points shouldnt hang in the balance over it.

Its not a hockey game.

Neither is a 3 on 3 situation. Its a gimmick. With a h8gher chance of injury to top players.

If we really cant just have a tie, then lets let the Coaches have a round robin Bubble hockey tourney at center ice after a 5 min OT.

If no winner is clear three legged sack races can be held on consecutive sundays for the extra point

• Upvote 2

Ladue-Thompson

Stech - Ausmus

Poolman - Wolanin/Shaw 

I have no idea how Hak is going to decide that last D spot...but that's why he makes the big bucks.

Most seasons that decision is made for him by injuries. 

The 3 on 3 thing to me is silly.The shootout is a skills comp and points shouldnt hang in the balance over it.Its not a hockey game.Neither is a 3 on 3 situation. Its a gimmick. With a h8gher chance of injury to top players.If we really cant just have a tie, then lets let the Coaches have a round robin Bubble hockey tourney at center ice after a 5 min OT.If no winner is clear three legged sack races can be held on consecutive sundays for the extra point

You don't want 3 x 3.

You don't want shootouts.

Most people don't want ties.

Sounds like a no win.

3x3 is a way to go to less shootouts. And with less people on the ice probably reduces injury's. Its just a way to better determine a conference winner. Doesn't affect national rankings...so learn to live love and adapt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ladue-Thompson

Stech - Ausmus

Poolman - Wolanin/Shaw 

I have no idea how Hak is going to decide that last D spot...but that's why he makes the big bucks.

Yeah, it's kind of funny how in the past we would need to put a forward on the point for the power play out of necessity, and now we have an over-abundance of qualified offensive defensemen, to the point that Troy Stecher didn't operate on the powerplay much at all last year.  With Ladue, Thompson, Stecher, Poolman, Wolanin and Shaw you have 6 guys that are qualified in that area, and Ausmus has enough offensive ability that he could play there if necessary.  Wow, times sure have changed at UND on the back end. 

Who are the best possiblities to be brought in this fall for incoming defensemen?  Panzarella, Mattson and Schmaltz are gone with Thompson undecided.  I have seen Wolanin, Evers, Chartrand and Shaw mentioned but nothing on Gabe Bast.  Does anybody know if they are pushing him back another year?  I am hoping with Schmaltz leaving, Thompson sees this as an opportunity to improve his stock for the NHL by coming back.

I see the Blackhawks do the same thing as Halifax Mooseheads do with the ice video board thing. Maybe it's time for the REA to look into doing it.

Are you talking about the videos on the full sheet of ice? They put on quite the show at Amalie in Tampa with the Lightning on the ice. Would be neat to see something like this at the ralph.

Are you talking about the videos on the full sheet of ice? They put on quite the show at Amalie in Tampa with the Lightning on the ice. Would be neat to see something like this at the ralph.

Yes, I happen to see it on tv before a game.

Who are the best possiblities to be brought in this fall for incoming defensemen?  Panzarella, Mattson and Schmaltz are gone with Thompson undecided.  I have seen Wolanin, Evers, Chartrand and Shaw mentioned but nothing on Gabe Bast.  Does anybody know if they are pushing him back another year?  I am hoping with Schmaltz leaving, Thompson sees this as an opportunity to improve his stock for the NHL by coming back.

Shaw, Wolanin and Chartrand (Chartrand is 21) will come in next year. If Jordan would have stayed Chartrand mostly would have been told there's no room. I don't know why Bast's name keeps coming up as he's coming next year, when he could use another year at Penticton. Bast will be coming in 2016-17 season.

For those going to the Icebreaker tournament, there is a social media presale of tickets to the tournament.

1-800-745-3000

Use code "Breaker"

ticketmaster.com

$57.20 each including fees

Be sure to have the ticketmaster seating chart or Cross Ice Arena in Portland seating chart up so you can see where the seats are.

We bought our 8 tickets yesterday.