SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

• 2 weeks later...

I had to get out of the nickname thread...talk about banging your head against the wall.

Either way former/current players on this listing.  Good to see Zane at the top in Boston.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ryan-kennedys-prospect-of-the-year-for-all-30-nhl-teams/

Hahaha I was LITERALLY doing the same thing as you posted this...

Zane and Nick Schmaltz. Good stuff there. Also, Tambo with the NYR organization. Thought that was interesting. Must have been the right move for him. Do we talk about him anymore? Lol

Hahaha I was LITERALLY doing the same thing as you posted this...

Zane and Nick Schmaltz. Good stuff there. Also, Tambo with the NYR organization. Thought that was interesting. Must have been the right move for him. Do we talk about him anymore? Lol

Awkward situation, but just for fun and cause its better than think of the nickname.

Say tamboleavi wins a cup someday, does UND put him on the wall with all the others??

Awkward situation, but just for fun and cause its better than think of the nickname.

Say tamboleavi wins a cup someday, does UND put him on the wall with all the others??

I say no.

Should they or will they?

I think no is the answer for both, but he did play for UND. Hmmmm

Who knows, but they do recognize Geoff Smith who played for UND a little over a year then left for Kamloops of the WHL.   

Who knows, but they do recognize Geoff Smith who played for UND a little over a year then left for Kamloops of the WHL.   

Interesting. Tambo didn't play, what? 7 games?

I can think of a few more off the top of my head. Michael Forney, Corey Finhage, Hunter Bishop, Brett Bruneateau (sp?)... not that any of these players will win a Cup.

Any other names?

I can think of a few more off the top of my head. Michael Forney, Corey Finhage, Hunter Bishop, Brett Bruneateau (sp?)... not that any of these players will win a Cup.

Any other names?

Brett played two full seasons and left because he graduated.  He transferred to Vermont for a graduate program.  I want to say it was law school, but I may be confusing him with Brad.

If I remember correctly, Fienhage played two full seasons as well.  Tambo played a semester.

Brett played two full seasons and left because he graduated.  He transferred to Vermont for a graduate program.  I want to say it was law school, but I may be confusing him with Brad.

If I remember correctly, Fienhage played two full seasons as well.  Tambo played a semester.

Yeah, I'm aware of all of their situations, I'm just mentioned players that I know have left early to play at levels not of pro variety.

Well Jay Caulfield (sp) is up on there twice ?

He had 1 GP for Mens Hockey,

Forgive me but I am fuzzy on that story, was too young at the time to know.

Can someone fill me in, thanks.

I don't know, MSU seems to rep Keith, although their situations were slightly different.

Any other names?

4 pts/16 games.....averaged over a pt per in the dub.

Well Jay Caulfield (sp) is up on there twice ?

He had 1 GP for Mens Hockey,

Forgive me but I am fuzzy on that story, was too young at the time to know.

Can someone fill me in, thanks.

Was recruited for football team and was injured. Ended up trying out for hockey and was kind of plugged into defense as depth so only played one game. Not sure if he quit football and was fully healed somewhere down the line and decided to give hockey a try, because I think originally it was a neck injury that wouldn't allow for the specific contact required in football. Others might know more of the exact situation. Was more of an intimidator for the Penguins and did his job well. Believe he is a personal trainer in Pittsburgh now.

No - I don't think you should recognize someone that leaves in the middle of the year.  If things aren't working out then make a change after the season.

Caufield is credited for getting Mario Lemieux back in shape after his time away.

If Caufield (one game) is on the Cup wall, I'd call that precedent: Wear the jersey for one game, you qualify.

That's my thoughts too. It's kinda awkward but I think it would have to be recognized.

Good think there's no way in heck that NYR wins a cup in the next 15 yrs ;)

Next Cup winners on the wall:

Toews 3rd. 2015 Chi

Greene 3rd. 2016. LAK

Forbort. 2016. LAK

Toews 4th 2017. Chi

Schmaltz 2017. Chi rookie yr

Oshie 2017...yeah Chi rental trade

Hak. 2018. Phi

Oshie 2018. Phi. Ufa signing

Kristo 2018. Phi finally makes it when Hak gets the most out of him.

;)

That's my thoughts too. It's kinda awkward but I think it would have to be recognized.

Good think there's no way in heck that NYR wins a cup in the next 15 yrs ;)

Next Cup winners on the wall:

Toews 3rd. 2015 Chi

Greene 3rd. 2016. LAK

Forbort. 2016. LAK

Toews 4th 2017. Chi

Schmaltz 2017. Chi rookie yr

Oshie 2017...yeah Chi rental trade

Hak. 2018. Phi

Oshie 2018. Phi. Ufa signing

Kristo 2018. Phi finally makes it when Hak gets the most out of him.

;)

Push everything a year back... Kristo on the Cup in 16 :)