SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

The first half of the season is going to be brutal. 20 games before Christmas of which 13 are on the road. We start with 6 non-conference games, 5 on the road. Then play the Number 11 (Miami- at home) , Number 17 (St Cloud- away), Number 5 (Denver- at home) and Number 2 (Duluth- away). Throw in away games at CC and Michigan State and home games against Wisconsin and you have an extremely tough schedule. Along with a new coach, new goalie, and 10 freshmen what are the odds we come out of the first 20 games  above .500?

Being realistic, I'm expecting us to be at a 9-11 record before Jan. 1. With enough non-conference losses to keep us out of the NCAAs unless we win the NCHC tourney or are unbeatable the second half of the season.

How USCHO could rank us at Number 4 in the country when bringing in 10 freshmen is beyond me. We need to hope for an Omaha like season like they had last year where their freshmen led them in scoring and they got great goaltending from a returning player that was so-so earlier.

I am still really looking forward to this season with so many unknowns besides our D.

The first half of the season is going to be brutal. 20 games before Christmas of which 13 are on the road. We start with 6 non-conference games, 5 on the road. Then play the Number 11 (Miami- at home) , Number 17 (St Cloud- away), Number 5 (Denver- at home) and Number 2 (Duluth- away). Throw in away games at CC and Michigan State and home games against Wisconsin and you have an extremely tough schedule. Along with a new coach, new goalie, and 10 freshmen what are the odds we come out of the first 20 games  above .500?

Being realistic, I'm expecting us to be at a 9-11 record before Jan. 1. With enough non-conference losses to keep us out of the NCAAs unless we win the NCHC tourney or are unbeatable the second half of the season.

How USCHO could rank us at Number 4 in the country when bringing in 10 freshmen is beyond me. We need to hope for an Omaha like season like they had last year where their freshmen led them in scoring and they got great goaltending from a returning player that was so-so earlier.

I am still really looking forward to this season with so many unknowns besides our D.

What?  You do realize other teams lose players as well.  There is no way we go 9-11 before Jan 1, have you looked at our schedule?  Pretty cupcake until the conference play.  Yes we are bringing in young players but several of them will make an immediate impact and one could be the best player on our team.  I am perfectly content with our group of forwards and our defense is easily the best in the country (and it really is not all that close).  The only area I am a tiny bit worried about is our goal-tending however bringing in one of the better goalie prospects in this year's draft should be adequate. 

Edited by scpa0305
  • Upvote 1

Love the sandbagging, keep it up! :lol: