SiouxSports.com Forum

Hak vs Blais

UND83

Two points here: 1. 5-1 and two titles is fantastic, and we were lucky to have Dean here.  2. '98, '99, and '04 were monumental disappointments...I rank them with 2011.

At least in 04 they lost to eventual champions in DU.

For all these NCAA tournys and Frozen Four appearances Hakstol has, hes only lost to the eventual champs twice IIRC.

I may be stating the obvious to some here, but do people not realize that gfhockey's sole purpose here is to get under people's skin & derail threads? Yet people still engage him in this cat & mouse, back-&-forth talk like they're going to get somewhere with him, year after year after year. And it's usually the same people who keep trying to put him in his place & talk sense to him. Played! I know I'm pouring fuel on the situation as he thrives on attention & I won't address it anymore, but I thought it funny how some guy is able to toy & tick people off around here like a maestro; using otherwise very smart people like a tool. Which he enjoys doing immensely, obviously; his schtick is to come off as a dumb one, but he's clearly getting the last laugh on each one who replies to his posts. Anyway, it's funny to read, it's like he serves as a subconscious release valve & bull's-eye for Sioux fan's latent angst....Personally, I find him funny & refreshing to read sometimes; yet find it hilarious how he plays with people's heads all the time. If he can get away with it & people still bite at this posts, no need for him to stop.    :)

• Upvote 1

I may be stating the obvious to some here, but do people not realize that gfhockey's sole purpose here is to get under people's skin & derail threads? Yet people still engage him in this cat & mouse, back-&-forth talk like they're going to get somewhere with him, year after year after year. And it's usually the same people who keep trying to put him in his place & talk sense to him. Played! I know I'm pouring fuel on the situation as he thrives on attention & I won't address it anymore, but I thought it funny how some guy is able to toy & tick people off around here like a maestro; using otherwise very smart people like a tool. Which he enjoys doing immensely, obviously; his schtick is to come off as a dumb one, but he's clearly getting the last laugh on each one who replies to his posts. Anyway, it's funny to read, it's like he serves as a subconscious release valve & bull's-eye for Sioux fan's latent angst....Personally, I find him funny & refreshing to read sometimes; yet find it hilarious how he plays with people's heads all the time. If he can get away with it & people still bite at this posts, no need for him to stop.    :)

This is just a shtick? And all this time I thought he was challenged.

Longest post I've ever seen gfhockey get out of anyone.

So you guys are pissed off cuZ I won't start a GDT va blaiser? Jeesh

We have to beat bu first and blaiser has to beat PC too

Maybe I'll start a GDT thread on mavpuck too to make it equal?

Fantastic idea. You could start one for BU also, you know, to make it fair.

I used to be at the front of the line in criticizing him; but I've come to realize that his personal success is dependent on how well some college kids execute, so I've mellowed out quite a bit in this regard. But I also acknowledge that he does have an obligation in his field as a coach to succeed at the highest level. I've just filed down my fangs a bit & tried to find a happy medium between "the sky is always blue" apologists & those who think he needs to win a natty every year.. But that won't stop me from spewing venom at the tv on 04/09 if it warrants it ... :  )

Not sure I've ever seen anyone on here who has thought that.  I have seen some who think ONE in FIFTEEN YEARS isn't too much to ask.  ???

• Upvote 1

Two points here:

1. 5-1 and two titles is fantastic, and we were lucky to have Dean here.  

2. '98, '99, and '04 were monumental disappointments...I rank them with 2011.  

That is fair.  However, I should point out that in 1998, 1999 and 2004, we didn't make the Frozen Four.  2011 was the perfect set-up; coming off a 6-1 thumping of Denver in the regional final, playing in St. Paul in an arena we know very well, in front of a large, partisan pro-Sioux crowd and then......a big, fat clunker. :angry:  I didn't wear Sioux gear for one whole month after that; that is how upset I was.  But I think this year's team has the tools to make us forget all that.

And Blais did more than bring two NCAA titles to Grand Forks, he took over a total train wreck in May 1994 and rebuilt it faster than anyone dared believe possible.  We were close to becoming another Alaska-Anchorage and Blais pulled the fat out of the fire before it was too late.

Longest post I've ever seen gfhockey get out of anyone.

Well, it was a post about the kid, I've never replied personally to him. I learned many years ago not to engage attention-seeking behaviors directly. As opposed to others here who get sucked in & baited by him all the time. He is good at his art & I think it's hilarious how well he plays people like a fiddle here.  :D

Not sure I've ever seen anyone on here who has thought that.  I have seen some who think ONE in FIFTEEN YEARS isn't too much to ask.  ???

Yeah, I was just trying to make the point that it's good to find a medium in things, without getting too extreme in one direction or the other.