SiouxSports.com Forum

Hak vs Blais

UND83

I doubt a school would take Hak over blais

Blais built uno from pretty much nothing

He built Und from nothin

Hak inherited a keys to the corvette

Blais is rebuilding a 69 ss chevelle

I get most of that but Hak hasn't slipped up the least bit.  Every year he's rolling out a great team while also keeping the pipeline strong.  You have to recognize that as well.

• Upvote 1

I doubt a school would take Hak over blais

Blais built uno from pretty much nothing

He built Und from nothin

Hak inherited a keys to the corvette

Blais is rebuilding a 69 ss chevelle

I'll say every NCHC, B1G, WCHA, and Hockey East school would take Hakstol if he ever left UND.

Blais got his new REA and didn't make the Frozen Four, at least Hakstol made the Frozen Four 7 times to Blais' 4 total.

gives us the last change and chance to put what line we want out against Eichel.

Agree........Hak's game management will be on display with this constant opportunity for 60 minutes.

Agree........Hak's game management will be on display with this constant opportunity for 60 minutes.

I also agree.  I think this may be one of the most critical advantages we have.  I think Hak puts some of our older players on that line to attempt to contain them. Maybe the Parks-Caggs-Johnson line as we seem to be getting scoring from our depth lines.

And please don't tell me that Tom Izzo has the same caliber of talent that Duke and Kentucky have had over the years.  Those two programs are always stacked with McDonald's All-Americans and future NBA lottery picks.  I don't think Izzo has sent all that many kids to the NBA or had a bunch of McDonald's All-Americans on the roster at the same time.  His teams simply are well-coached, well-prepared and take advantage of match-ups that the coaches find for their players to exploit.  Kind of what Wisconsin did to Kentucky last night.  And what UConn did to Kentucky last year.

Just want to point out that Izzo and Michigan St. currently have the #2 ranked recruiting class for 2015, his third top 10 class in the last 6 years.  Won't argue with his ability to develop players and seemingly getting more out of those that weren't highly ranked, but he has definitely had talent as well.