SiouxSports.com Forum

FARGO Regional - SIOUX/QUI TECH/SCSU

AZSIOUX

I was surprised this happened. If they miss the call and a team makes a goal, (they review all goals this time of year)

they can then call the missed penalty, and waive off the goal?

No penalty was called on the play - just the hand pass.  Penalty SHOULD HAVE been called though on the initial play.

Scheel's Arena deserves a lot of credit for a well run tournament.  Food was good at reasonable prices, wacky bounces off the board and glass were non-existent, ushers were there if help was needed but did not cause issues, things just seemed to go smoothly.  And not a single door popped open from a check into the boards.  What a tremendous difference from the Target Center just a week earlier. Good job Scheel's!

• Upvote 1

Scheel's Arena deserves a lot of credit for a well run tournament. Food was good at reasonable prices, wacky bounces off the board and glass were non-existent, ushers were there if help was needed but did not cause issues, things just seemed to go smoothly. And not a single door popped open from a check into the boards. What a tremendous difference from the Target Center just a week earlier. Good job Scheel's!

This...^^^

Scheels step up to the plate big time for this event.

Any videos of the goals? Goon I am looking at you. :)

I am working on it right now. I had to bang out a feature for the Hockey Wilderness and I am in the process of doing both games. I am still trying to focus after what happened this weekend. I am in awe of what I saw. 

• Upvote 1

Scheel's Arena deserves a lot of credit for a well run tournament. Food was good at reasonable prices, wacky bounces off the board and glass were non-existent, ushers were there if help was needed but did not cause issues, things just seemed to go smoothly. And not a single door popped open from a check into the boards. What a tremendous difference from the Target Center just a week earlier. Good job Scheel's!

Agreed on all points! Water was only $2, pretzel and cheese was $4, beer was... whoops got a little excited there :)

I am working on it right now. I had to bang out a feature for the Hockey Wilderness and I am in the process of doing both games. I am still trying to focus after what happened this weekend. I am in awe of what I saw. 

Thanks Goon. I can always count on you.

NCAA.com has a highlight video of the game. It's a pretty quick run through but shows all the goals. Better than nothing until Goon uploads the goals to Youtube. :)

Link: http://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey-men/2015-03-29/di-mens-hockey-regional-st-cloud-st-north-dakota

Thanks SiouxFanatic. I saw that but didn't like the commentor speaking over the announcers and roar of the crowd. Appreciate the link though.

Thanks SiouxFanatic. I saw that but didn't like the commentor speaking over the announcers and roar of the crowd. Appreciate the link though.

I hear ya on that! Just ain't the same hearing the excitement from the crowd and listening to Clay Matvick call the game.

get

Agreed on all points! Water was only $2, pretzel and cheese was $4, beer was... whoops got a little excited there :)

Beer was ice cold in my suite. :D

Very well run tourney. After being at Target Center and that mess it was refreshing to see how a tournament should be run.

Roses and Thorns from last weekend...

With a shot at Rand Pecknold :)

http://daddydumpandchase.blogspot.com/2015/03/rose-and-thorns-shippin.html

I didn't hear all of Pecknold's comments...but I question why so many are taking shots at him because of the Anas injury deal?  Why would he have to (or want to) tell the world Anas' status?  If I was him, I'd do the same.