SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MIAMI - Penrose Cup Weekend in Oxford

AZSIOUX

I think if Mac can't go Simonson will get the opportunity on Friday night. With Simonson being able to play center you could just put him in Mac's spot and not have to change anything else and I wouldn't be surprised if that is what Hak does. If Mac is out and Simonson gets the call I would like to see Poolman-Caggiula-Parks, Chyzk-Schmaltz-Johnson, Pattyn-Simonson-St.Clair, OD-Gaarder-Poganski as the lines for Friday night.

This kinda works but put Simonson for LJ and Olson with Pattyn and St.Clair! Lookd good, now let tell Hak what we want lol

I dont like LJ NS and Colton togther, doesnt look right for some reason. I like what someone said in the saturday SC thread, move NS to center Parks and Poolman then Pattyn can center St.Clair and Olson and Simnson and take LJs place.

Wasn't NS centering the top line for the remainder of Saturday's game? I thought they looked pretty good so why even change it up.

If MarkMac is out for any period of time, the minutes will probably go to Nick Schmaltz.

Hey Nick: There are no freshmen in March. 

No doubt.  Hakstol needs to bring the Schmaltz brother's into his office and tell them that they need to bring their games to the next level. 

I'm anticipating the worst with Mark, huge hit to the team as he plays an invaluable role .  First line center, first PK, second PP, and immeasurable leadership (which he can still provide regardless of injury). 

That being said, the success of UND this year is not because of one player, it's because of team depth.  Case in point, this weekend.  UND received one goal from it's top-9 forwards.  If that happens, most teams easily get swept, instead, we swept a good SCSU team.  This team doesn't have one star, it has a bunch of streaky goal scorer's.  This whole year, we have usually only had one line clicking at a time.  If this team peaks at playoff time and receives consistent scoring throughout the lineup (like they should), they will be almost unbeatable, with or without Mark. 

They don't blow anyone out, in fact, it is rare for this team to win by more than one goal.  This team has heart, and the willingness to sacrifice everything to win.  IMO, the highlight of the season so far was that 5 on 3 PK on Saturday.  This year's team is probably one of the least skilled UND teams in the last 12 years or so, but after watching that sequence, I might have the most confidence in them just because they have shown that they will do whatever it takes to win.

This team has success because of their character, depth at all positions, and the guy that wears #31.  None of this has changed, regardless if Mark MacMillan plays another game or not.

@SchlossmanGF: If UND gets 1 point next weekend vs. Miami, it will host CC in first round of playoffs. If UND gets swept, it will be WMU.

Miami will be hosting Colorado College in first round of playoffs.  Start game-planning for the Broncos.

Miami will be hosting Colorado College in first round of playoffs. Start game-planning for the Broncos.

Ooooo! Miami fan already starting the smack talking! Considering the beat down your team received against Denver this past weekend, I like UND's chances of getting some points.

I think Miami should prepare to get their "MACtion" on with WMU. A team that I could see pulling off an upset. ;)

Miami will be hosting Colorado College in first round of playoffs.  Start game-planning for the Broncos.

Love the confidence... because it hurts even worse than when we're the ones hoisting that Penrose cup by ourselves

Miami has bigger issues than the Penrose Cup... like whose net is it right now? because after the game in Denver on Saturday "it's everyone's net" :D

Mac actually went out for a shift after this happened but when he went to push off his leg gave out and he immediately went down to the tunnel and that was it.

Yeah...posted that yesterday morning.  From all the info we've heard it sounds as though he's done.

Mac actually went out for a shift after this happened but when he went to push off his leg gave out and he immediately went down to the tunnel and that was it.

I think it's worse than a bone bruise, but, that kind of reaction could occur with a deep bone bruise, for sure. Hard to walk/skate with one of those suckers.

I think Miami should prepare to get their "MACtion" on with WMU. A team that I could see pulling off an upset. ;)

I hope Miami makes it to the Target Center only for the fact that hopefully their band will come and they play the Game of Thrones intro.