SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MIAMI - Penrose Cup Weekend in Oxford

AZSIOUX

I suspect the smallest possible change to the lineup this weekend. 

Nick Schmaltz seemed to fill the gap between Parks and Poolman after MarkMac went out. 

So, you fill Schmaltz's spot between Pattyn and St. Clair. My guess? Simonson. 

Why Simonson? Center. He won draws when he was in. Responsible enough defensively. 

Nick Schmaltz seemed to fill the gap between Parks and Poolman after MarkMac went out. 

Why Simonson? Center. He won draws when he was in. Responsible enough defensively. 

I tend to think this will be the case as well.

We definitely need to focus in on being good on draws after Friday's game.

Agreed with all of this. As much as I want Olson in there because I really like his game, I think Sim-O fits better for what this team needs right now.

I don't think Hak wants to mess with the GOP line or the Caggiula line. Or do we see wholesale changes for experiment purposes with the NCHC first round series already locked for home? Probably not, but just a thought.

Why was Barber a healthy scratch last weekend? Coach sending a message?

I'm assuming he hasn't been playing up to expectations if an upperclassman with Barber's history is sitting... also did Jay Williams have a bad game Saturday night or did the defense let him down in order for him to be yanked?

It was more attitude than performance related.

I agree. I would love to see Olson, but I think Simonson gives us a better chance matching up against the skilled Miami top-6.

Well, my notion is out. Schlossman is tweeting that Simonson is out (illness) this weekend. 

Johnny Simonson is out this weekend (illness), so there goes that option for filling Mark MacMillan's spot.

With Simonson reportedly being out I think I'd go with

Poolman-Caggiula-Parks

Chyzk-Schmaltz-Johnson

Olson-Pattyn-St.Clair

OD-Gaarder-Poganski

I like these a lot... I'd think Schmaltz could create a lot of separation for LJ and dish him some great scoring chances.

Also, Caggiula would have no shortage of size to create space on his line to get him the puck. That top line would be a cycling nightmare.

With Simonson reportedly being out I think I'd go with

Poolman-Caggiula-Parks

Chyzk-Schmaltz-Johnson

Olson-Pattyn-St.Clair

OD-Gaarder-Poganski

I like these two.  Would Caggs provide a better defensive mentality on that second unit though?  I would be fine either way. 

OUTRAGEOUS :)

In all honestly, I don't think he's right as I think UND's is. But, I'm biased, just like he is lol.

As does any fan base........we have our fair share of asshats. Unfortunately ours tend to have a megaphone on their microphone.

• Upvote 2

OUTRAGEOUS :)

In all honestly, I don't think he's right as I think UND's is. But, I'm biased, just like he is lol.

If he did any research he would have seen BC defense is ranked 18th in the nation with Canisius, while UND is ranked 7th in the nation.

This all started over him saying BC has the best D corps.

So where did the UND troll or add fuel to the fire? Mike E is an idiot. INCH is a joke, pretty pathetic. 

Seems to me that he took a good shot at UND fans for no reason. I guess based off his tweet BC is the best, everyone should believe that regardless if you're a UND fan or not. 

So where did the UND troll or add fuel to the fire? Mike E is an idiot. INCH is a joke, pretty pathetic. 

Seems to me that he took a good shot at UND fans for no reason. I guess based off his tweet BC is the best, everyone should believe that regardless if you're a UND fan or not. 

Didn't INCH shut down a year or so ago because they offered an inferior service to USCHO and CHN?  I guess I would be bitter too!!

Here's the tweet that started the whole thing.

Mike Eidelbes@INCH 2h2 hours ago

Rare are the instances you play a team and think, "Man, I hope their D corps doesn't destroy us." That's what you get with BC.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Retweet Retweeted
Favorite Favorited
More

• Embed Tweet

12:36 PM - 4 Mar 2015
  1. @INCH Maybe you should look at UND's D-crops. They'll beat you in anyway you want to play them.