SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MIAMI - Penrose Cup Weekend in Oxford

AZSIOUX

Not a doctor, don't even play one in bed, but could this meniscus tear thing been something that happen after the puck impact as he was struggling back to the bench?  Hope and pray it is something he can recover from even if the time frame doesn't let him partake in the current quest.

CBSSports Fri FoxCollege Sat. Looks like a super early start Fri because of a doubleheader. 5:30 central?

THANKS

does anyone know if direct tv has both those ? I'll be in Hallock Minn my grand daughters figure skating show and they have direct tv

Got a couple friends on athletic teams that talked to an athletic trainer who does stuff with the hockey guys, Shattered kneecap. Really hope it's not that bad...

I hope it's not the trainer who's letting medical information out.  Friends and teammates OK, but not that person. 

Wow. Such a difference. Far superior.

NOT.

.03 difference? Really? I noticed Mia Man the save percentage for each goalie is not listed. Just curious, what are they? I would put a hair more stock in that than I would GAA. As an example (not saying these are correct stats); if Mia faced an avg of 24 shots on goal a game but the Sioux faced an avg of 34 shots a game you tell me which goalie is doing better.

.03 difference? Really? I noticed Mia Man the save percentage for each goalie is not listed. Just curious, what are they? I would put a hair more stock in that than I would GAA. As an example (not saying these are correct stats); if Mia faced an avg of 24 shots on goal a game but the Sioux faced an avg of 34 shots a game you tell me which goalie is doing better.

Did you mean to quote the Miami guy? 

THANKS

does anyone know if direct tv has both those ? I'll be in Hallock Minn my grand daughters figure skating show and they have direct tv

Yah-I have Direct TV and according to the tv schedule, UND and Miami play at 4:30 Mountain/5:30 Central and then immediately following, DU plays at St. Cloud. Channel 221.

As of right now, FCS (channel 608) still states, "To Be Announced" so not sure whether or not they'll be showing any hockey on Friday or Saturday for that matter.

Williams averages 23 shots/game. Zane 28.7. Obviously if you see more/less then that will give you an opportunity to pad numbers or give up more goals. Both have great stats, with Williams giving up 3.68 goals per weekend and Zane 3.84.

I'm expecting nothing short of seeing two great games by probably the two best teams in the country.

Reading this thread is getting me super bummed I'm not going to Oxford for this series this year. Was a great time last year.

If anyone is going, if you park in the church parking lot by the rink, you probably won't get a parking ticket :whistling:

Usually a good deal of street parking as well, meters on one side of the arena and campus parking only on the other. Garage is only $5. Warmed up today so the snow started melting, supposed to get another "8 inches" tomorrow though with no more precipitation throughout the weekend.

Got a couple friends on athletic teams that talked to an athletic trainer who does stuff with the hockey guys, Shattered kneecap. Really hope it's not that bad...

If its a "shattered knee cap" why wouldn't they just come out and say he's done for the season because he wouldn't even be skating again until July at a minimum.

If its a "shattered knee cap" why wouldn't they just come out and say he's done for the season because he wouldn't even be skating again until July at a minimum.

Perhaps to keep opposing teams and coaches guessing when they're watching film and game planning?

Williams averages 23 shots/game. Zane 28.7. Obviously if you see more/less then that will give you an opportunity to pad numbers or give up more goals. Both have great stats, with Williams giving up 3.68 goals per weekend and Zane 3.84.

I'm expecting nothing short of seeing two great games by probably the two best teams in the country.

And thats why I said "blue line / goalie combo" Miami's blue line only allows 23 shots per game at Williams and then Williams and our defense together have the best GAA in the conference when Williams starts. Miami rotates goalies a lot so its the combo with Williams. McIntyre may be better goalie because he gets more starts (wins) and has to save more shots because NoDak blue line is letting more pucks to the net that Zane has to bail out, but my original post was that the combo of Miami's blue line and Williams is the best in thr conference. NoDak generating more offense though, but with Mac out and Senior Night on our ice, then our offense is capable of getting revved up too.

And thats why I said "blue line / goalie combo" Miami's blue line only allows 23 shots per game at Williams and then Williams and our defense together have the best GAA in the conference when Williams starts. Miami rotates goalies a lot so its the combo with Williams. McIntyre may be better goalie because he gets more starts (wins) and has to save more shots because NoDak blue line is letting more pucks to the net that Zane has to bail out, but my original post was that the combo of Miami's blue line and Williams is the best in thr conference. NoDak generating more offense though, but with Mac out and Senior Night on our ice, then our offense is capable of getting revved up too.

No one ever said your offense wasn't capable off getting revved up. Miami is a dangerous team. But, all you did was come on here and poke the bear. Pump the breaks, kemosabe.

If you want to pick and choose which games to count stats or (which is what you are doing with the bolded sentence) that's fine.

Also shots per game is a difficult stat to gauge because how many of these are routine shots on goal and how many are high quality?

When I look at stats, I go the all games road.

ALL GAMES: http://collegehockeystats.net/1415/overallstats/nchc

But really did think anyone here was going to agree with you anyway? Just saying. 

No one ever said your offense wasn't capable off getting revved up. Miami is a dangerous team. But, all you did was come on here and poke the bear. Pump the breaks, kemosabe.

Building anticipation for the game and perhaps the start of a rivalry. Didn't think I was crossing the line. The Goggin will be buzzing. If only FanDuel or Draft Kings carried college hockey like they do for college basketball.

I'd prefer an all NCHC Frozen Four and our league's PWR rankings currently make it possible.

Building anticipation for the game and perhaps the start of a rivalry. Didn't think I was crossing the line. The Goggin will be buzzing. If only FanDuel or Draft Kings carried college hockey like they do for college basketball.

I'd prefer an all NCHC Frozen Four and our league's PWR rankings currently make it possible.

Why was Barber a healthy scratch last weekend? Coach sending a message?

I'm assuming he hasn't been playing up to expectations if an upperclassman with Barber's history is sitting... also did Jay Williams have a bad game Saturday night or did the defense let him down in order for him to be yanked?

Speaking of goalies, I'm wondering if we'll see Williams or McKay.

Lol you're not necessarily crossing the line, but, you're on our board and looking to pick fights and start arguments. Hand picking stats is a good example.

Why was Barber a healthy scratch last weekend? Coach sending a message?

I'm assuming he hasn't been playing up to expectations if an upperclassman with Barber's history is sitting... also did Jay Williams have a bad game Saturday night or did the defense let him down in order for him to be yanked?

Speaking of goalies, I'm wondering if we'll see Williams or McKay.

I'd really like to know what's going on with Barber, as well. Not worried about which goalie starts for them, honestly. Neither scare me.

Nothing kick-starts a rivalry like kicking a quality opponent when they're down.  :D

*Yes, MU did get a bit of revenge in the NCHC playoffs last year. It's a shame Mac will miss this upcoming series, as it has the makings of a classic. I didn't expect UND to be in position to only need one point to clinch the title outright. Last year, UND needed one win on senior night against WMU to clinch the title. They didn't get it. Hopefully the guys remember that feeling.

Nothing kick-starts a rivalry like kicking a quality opponent when they're down.  :D

*Yes, MU did get a bit of revenge in the NCHC playoffs last year. It's a shame Mac will miss this upcoming series, as it has the makings of a classic. I didn't expect UND to be in position to only need one point to clinch the title outright. Last year, UND needed one win on senior night against WMU to clinch the title. They didn't get it. Hopefully the guys remember that feeling.

...and proceeded to miss the tournament by losing in the championship game to Denver.

I can honestly say I've never seen a more talented team get last place in a conference.  That's a level of underachievement even the Gophers would be proud of!

...and proceeded to miss the tournament by losing in the championship game to Denver.

I can honestly say I've never seen a more talented team get last place in a conference. That's a level of underachievement even the Gophers would be proud of!

At least it saved us one year of being bounced by a hockey east team.