SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MIAMI - Penrose Cup Weekend in Oxford

AZSIOUX

Mac is done, but it's OK to dream I suppose. An impact injury that requires surgery signifies a break/tear of some sort. I like the idea of moving NS up to the Parks/Poolman line. Then insert Simonson into NS old spot. Time to let the blue chipper show what he can do on the top line. Olson has looked good but he isn't a center and no way LJ sits. Simonson is small but gritty and he has what it takes to center a regular line.

Why doesnt LJ sit, i say give Olson a chance in his place, the guy is a work horse and a good physical presence

Why doesnt LJ sit, i say give Olson a chance in his place, the guy is a work horse and a good physical presence

^ No offense to LJ, he's good when he's on his game but man, he can be a costly liability when he's not.

I really liked what Olson was bringing to the table when he was getting ice time.

Mac is done, but it's OK to dream I suppose. An impact injury that requires surgery signifies a break/tear of some sort. I like the idea of moving NS up to the Parks/Poolman line. Then insert Simonson into NS old spot. Time to let the blue chipper show what he can do on the top line. Olson has looked good but he isn't a center and no way LJ sits. Simonson is small but gritty and he has what it takes to center a regular line.

No Sir, you couldn't be more wrong.  How about a tear to the meniscus.  That takes about 3 weeks to heal after arthroscopic surgery.  

• Upvote 1

No Sir, you couldn't be more wrong.  How about a tear to the meniscus.  That takes about 3 weeks to heal after arthroscopic surgery.  

Exactly. If it's a meniscus, there's definitely a chance he plays. Not great, but a chance nonetheless.

I get that LJ takes a ton of stupid penalties, most of which are a direct result of him not moving his feet.  But he just recently had a 5-game point streak.  You don't sit points in order to bring someone in off the bench who hasn't played in over a month; especially when you already have to do that to replace an injury.

• Upvote 1

Why beat around the bush if he is indeed out for the season.

Just say "out for season" like they eventually did with Grimaldi.  Or like Genoway.

There must be a chance, however small it might be, that he makes it back by regionals or F4 if the Sioux make it that far.

Why beat around the bush if he is indeed out for the season.

Just say "out for season" like they eventually did with Grimaldi.  Or like Genoway.

There must be a chance, however small it might be, that he makes it back by regionals or F4 if the Sioux make it that far.

Yeah give it a small chance, reason for the guys to get that far to maybe get him back in the lineup.