SiouxSports.com Forum

The 2015-2016 NFL Mega-Thread

MafiaMan

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So, in the NE/DEN game, which team looked like it had the QB with the weak arm? 

I've never seen Brady under throw so many passes. 

I would say the Denver DL had something to do with that.  I've never seen him hit/sacked/rushed as much as Denver did yesterday.  It was a good defensive game on both sides of the ball.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

So, in the NE/DEN game, which team looked like it had the QB with the weak arm? 

I've never seen Brady under throw so many passes. 

Was reported Brady was hit more times yesterday than any other NFL QB in any other game so far this season.............tough to throw it when you are getting knocked down all game long.

Both defenses are good. Carolina's offense is better and deeper than Denver's. Carolina's "D" will stuff the Bronco running game and get after Manning, who doesn't have the same arm he used to have. Denver's "D" will hold them in it for three quarters, but the Panthers will pull away in the 4th quarter.

Early Prediction:

Carolina 31; Denver 17

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:27 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I know that Super Bowls mean super hype, but a news story blaming current Bay Area traffic woes on the game that kicks off in nine days? Come on.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video/rain-super-bowl-50-create-034049224.html

I am thinking that hosting the Super Bowl brings in a lot of people into town, even two weeks out. The media is already covering the game, which is one week away.

1 hour ago, siouxforcefans said:

Forget the Super Bowl.  Is Megatron really retiring at age 30?

Barry Sanders did. There are plenty of reasons to retire young in football. As long as he was smart with his money, he will be financially set for the rest of his life. He probably hasn't had many days in 9 years where his body wasn't hurting in some way. I know I couldn't handle what professional football players put themselves through for nearly 10 years. Plus who wouldn't like to retire at 30 and fill their time with much less demanding work?

56 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Barry Sanders did. There are plenty of reasons to retire young in football. As long as he was smart with his money, he will be financially set for the rest of his life. He probably hasn't had many days in 9 years where his body wasn't hurting in some way. I know I couldn't handle what professional football players put themselves through for nearly 10 years. Plus who wouldn't like to retire at 30 and fill their time with much less demanding work?

Playing for the Lions is certainly one of them!! :D

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

That same Lions team that went 54-90 (which includes an 0-16 season), zero division titles, and zero playoff wins during Megatrons time there.  Yep, those Lions! ;)

I assume that you are a Vikings fan, so people that live in glass houses should not throw stones. Since 2010, the Vikings are 42-53-1, and the Lions are 45-51. They both have 2 playoff appearances and 2 losses. The only difference is that the Lions got screwed last year when the refs picked up the flag against Dallas. The Vikings didn't get screwed, they just missed a 26 yard FG. If AP decides to retire, we certainly can understand why:wink:

20 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

I assume that you are a Vikings fan, so people that live in glass houses should not throw stones. Since 2010, the Vikings are 42-53-1, and the Lions are 45-51. They both have 2 playoff appearances and 2 losses. The only difference is that the Lions got screwed last year when the refs picked up the flag against Dallas. The Vikings didn't get screwed, they just missed a 26 yard FG. If AP decides to retire, we certainly can understand why:wink:

If you are going to compare teams, might as well pick the same time frame I used.  2007-2015.  Vikings have 18 more wins, and 3 more division titles.  AP has won rookie of the year and the MVP.  So by comparison, since 2007, TheAP and the Vikings have been better than Johnson and the Lions.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Anyone else think this is Megatron leveraging for a trade to a contender?

No. If that was the case, why would he tell Matthew Stafford before the season that this year would be his last and swear him to secrecy? The Lions were coming off of an 11-5 year, and lost a very tough playoff game to Dallas (which similarly lost a very tough game to Green Bay), which means they were seemingly close to contending. It would make sense if he said it after this year, which had to be disappointing. I truly believe it is because he is very beat up physically. However, Nate Burleson believes that a factor may be that the Lions are set to pay him $24 million this year under his contract and there have been rumors swirling that they wanted him to restructure his contract. He may be making a statement that if they want to keep him, they have to pay him what he is owed under his contract. Frankly, he deserves whatever they pay him. He is a class act, plays hurt, and is probably in the top 5 all time receivers.

Megatron's made over $100 million in his career already. If he's managed that money well he has no money worries (for himself or his kids). If he wants to get out of the game while he's still physically able and is not a post-concussion statistic, who can blame him. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Megatron's made over $100 million in his career already. If he's managed that money well he has no money worries (for himself or his kids). If he wants to get out of the game while he's still physically able and is not a post-concussion statistic, who can blame him. 

I agree. I hope the Lions do realize that even though Calvin Johnson may not be as dominant as he once was, he will be impossible to replace. He is a match-up nightmare still and gets double teamed every game. He makes everyone around him better. If what he really wants is to get paid what is owing under his contract, they should pay him. They lost Suh and the defense went way down. Megatron is arguably more valuable than Suh and twice the person.

Wow. If "they" get him help... :silly: The kid has been enabled his entire life. Another example of affluenza, maybe??

I sure hope that I'm never in that position as a father, but I can guarantee it won't be "they" that get the kid help. It will most definitely be "WE".