SiouxSports.com Forum

The 2015-2016 NFL Mega-Thread

MafiaMan

• 2 weeks later...

Rams: Hey, Chip, would you take Sam Bradford for Nick Foles?

Chip: I'm not sure that's fair - Bradford's knees are a mess and he's a concussion or two away from calling it a career.

Rams: Could we discuss some draft picks too, then?

Chip: Sure. I'll throw in a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder in exchange for your 5th rounder.

Rams: Uhhhhh...ok.

• Upvote 1

Rams: Hey, Chip, would you take Sam Bradford for Nick Foles?

Chip: I'm not sure that's fair - Bradford's knees are a mess and he's a concussion or two away from calling it a career.

Rams: Could we discuss some draft picks too, then?

Chip: Sure. I'll throw in a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder in exchange for your 5th rounder.

Rams: Uhhhhh...ok.

As long as Bradford isn't the starter for the Eagles or doesn't play 50% of the games that 2nd round pick will go back to the Eagles.

As long as Bradford isn't the starter for the Eagles or doesn't play 50% of the games that 2nd round pick will go back to the Eagles.

That tells me that Chip Kelly has a different plan in mind. < sounds of Ducks quacking here > 

What doesn't make sense is the money. I figured Philly to try to clear cap space. Doesn't Bradford have a ridiculous contract compared to Foles? Or is STL paying some of the money due?

That tells me that Chip Kelly has a different plan in mind. < sounds of Ducks quacking here > 

What doesn't make sense is the money. I figured Philly to try to clear cap space. Doesn't Bradford have a ridiculous contract compared to Foles? Or is STL paying some of the money due?

He wants Mariota, so I'm sure he'll find a way to get the #2 pick in the draft.

Harvin cut from the Jets.

I think Bradford is on his final year or has one left on his current contract.

As long as Bradford isn't the starter for the Eagles or doesn't play 50% of the games that 2nd round pick will go back to the Eagles.

So obviously Bradford isn't going to be the starting QB...is he better trade bait than Nick Foles was?

Johnson wasn't going to be the #1 option at Houston next year.

He was disgruntled last year and they could hve traded him then. Instead, they have ZERO to show in exchange for Andre Johnson and Mario Williams. They could have at least gotten a pick or two for Johnson before the start of last season.

A Suh-Nami has struck south Florida!!!   Miami doing a lot of moving of players, they are trying to restructure Mike Wallace, after releasing Brandon Gibson and Brian Hartline. Tannehill needs more weapons for him to throw to. I can't wait to see how that front line of Miami's defense does this year (especially against Tom Brady) with Suh and Cameron Wake. 

A Suh-Nami has struck south Florida!!! Miami doing a lot of moving of players, they are trying to restructure Mike Wallace, after releasing Brandon Gibson and Brian Hartline. Tannehill needs more weapons for him to throw to. I can't wait to see how that front line of Miami's defense does this year (especially against Tom Brady) with Suh and Cameron Wake.

Until Suh gets a 4-8 game suspension for stepping on Brady's hand/ankle/groin...then what?

Miami's defense was so over-rated last year that it's not even funny. They gave up 30+ points in their last four games (including 35 to the Vikings) and 27 or more in 8 out of 16 games on the season.

So much money tied up in Suh that Miami needs offensive weapons on the cheap. In fact, I got a call this morning asking if I'd take $40K a year to be the short-yardage situation wide receiver.

I was a Dolphins fan until Jimmy Johnson dumped Dan Marino. Until they bring back the old logo and uniform, I'm out.

• Upvote 1

Until Suh gets a 4-8 game suspension for stepping on Brady's hand/ankle/groin...then what?

Miami's defense was so over-rated last year that it's not even funny. They gave up 30+ points in their last four games (including 35 to the Vikings) and 27 or more in 8 out of 16 games on the season.

So much money tied up in Suh that Miami needs offensive weapons on the cheap. In fact, I got a call this morning asking if I'd take $40K a year to be the short-yardage situation wide receiver.

I was a Dolphins fan until Jimmy Johnson dumped Dan Marino. Until they bring back the old logo and uniform, I'm out.

I've been a fan since 1984, and will always be a fan of the team. Miami's secondary has always been the weak spot and I think last year was no exception. But with more of a pass rush with Suh and Wake they could make the QB throw bad passes. On the offensive side of the ball they had a hard time with the running game after Moreno went down with injury and they found a star in Jarvis Landry, plus Tannehill has really come on with the help from Dan Marino. I think good things are starting to happen in Miami they usually start strong and fail down the road, if they can turn that around and learn how to win the second half of the season this team could challenge NE for the AFC East title.

Still can't believe they fell for the Aaron Rodgers fake-spike play.

I don't care if Tom Brady is QB'ing New England until he's 50. Miami will continue to be the choke-job of the division until he retires.

And what's more indicative of the talent disparity between Miami and New England? The 33-20 win the Dolphins had over the Patriots last September or the 41-13 beatdown that NE delivered in the season finale?