SiouxSports.com Forum

The 2015-2016 NFL Mega-Thread

MafiaMan

11 hours ago, Fetch said:

I sincerely hope the Vikings go on from this point in time to become an elite team - the point where greatness becomes the norm for a long time to come

The pieces are there - the right coach ...a bright future 

& that includes getting out of that damn cold

& no I'm not drunk or high on anything 

• 2 weeks later...

Besides a crazy ending to the Pittsburgs vs Cinncinati game, it was a very unsportsmanlike game. With two personal foul penalities by cinncinati for basically a third yard penalty to set up a chip shot field goal. 

There was already about to be a major scrum earlier in the game. 

I guess the fans booed Roethleisberger being injured too.

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Besides a crazy ending to the Pittsburgs vs Cinncinati game, it was a very unsportsmanlike game. With two personal foul penalities by cinncinati for basically a third yard penalty to set up a chip shot field goal. 

It was ugly.

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

Pacman Jones sure "made it rain," didn't he?  As in raining yellow flags!

The St Louis Rams got approval 30-2 to move back to LA.  Their new stadium would be built in Inglewood.

The Chargers have a one year option to move to LA in the Ramsey new stadium.  The Chargers may a vote coming up this summer for a new San Diego stadium.

If the Chargers don't move, the one year option will go to the Raiders.  Oakland is still working on new stadium options.

9 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I have never seen a coin flip where the coin didn't flip.

That Arizona/Green Bay game was wacky

I don't know who was a bigger goat: Arias for calling a pass or McCarthy telling Green Bay to defer in OT after a 2nd Hail Mary.

I thought the Pack won the ot toss as well. I was shocked when AZ was getting the ball.  Waited for announcers to comment on that,  but it never happened.  Sports Center this morning said AZ won the toss.

????????

2 hours ago, sprig said:

I thought the Pack won the ot toss as well. I was shocked when AZ was getting the ball.  Waited for announcers to comment on that,  but it never happened.  Sports Center this morning said AZ won the toss.

????????

I guess they did win the toss, but the NBC announcers sure made it sound like Green Bay did.

Nevertheless... crazy stuff

• Upvote 1

I think the Packers should have gone for two at the end. The offense looked poor all day and needed two hail marys on the last drive to score. I like a one off shot from the 3 yard line with Aaron Rodgers more than the chances of winning a coin toss then driving down field and scoring. When you are the underdog, you have to play for the win and not just for continuing the game.

9 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

I think the Packers should have gone for two at the end. The offense looked poor all day and needed two hail marys on the last drive to score. I like a one off shot from the 3 yard line with Aaron Rodgers more than the chances of winning a coin toss then driving down field and scoring. When you are the underdog, you have to play for the win and not just for continuing the game.

After losing your last 2 playoff games in OT without ARog ever touching the ball in OT I hoping McCarthy considers going for the win if that situation arises again in the playoffs. 

GB cut Bostick after the SEA disaster.....might want to consider doing the same thing to Sam Shields!

25 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

New England vs Denver

Arizona vs Carolina

It's like a Frozen Four of Minnesota, Minnesota, Minnesota, and Minnesota for me.  I'll pass.  :unsure:

What's wrong with Arizona? A lot of people hate the Pats and Broncos and Carolina has Norman so no thanks for me. I've never really heard of someone hating Arizona before though.

42 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

What's wrong with Arizona? A lot of people hate the Pats and Broncos and Carolina has Norman so no thanks for me. I've never really heard of someone hating Arizona before though.

They left St Louis, that's what's wrong with Arizona.