SiouxSports.com Forum

The 2015-2016 NFL Mega-Thread

MafiaMan

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Nah.  I got burned a few NFL drafts ago by customizing my new Vikings jersey with #2 and MANZIEL on the back.

They were giving away the Browns version of that jersey at Scheels last year with the purchase of a Clif Bar.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Makes sense. They moved before I was alive so they've always been the Cardinals for me. I didn't even know they used to be in St. Louis.

They were in Chicago before moving to St. Louis. St. Louis has now stolen, and lost, 2 NFL franchises over the years.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

I have much more knowledge of baseball history. If it happened before 1998 or so and it isn't about Jerry Rice or Barry Sanders, I would be a blank. I'm pretty sure you just made up those two names.

I was born in 1973 and know many players and history of the major sports from before I was born.  And I learned most of it before the Internet even existed.  I believe that people that are fans of a sport should know its history.  Its so easy nowadays with sites like wikipedia. pro-football-reference.com, basketball-reference.com, baseball-reference.com, etc to look up certain teams/players or even the general history of the sport.

1 hour ago, NeutralObserver said:

I was born in 1973 and know many players and history of the major sports from before I was born.  And I learned most of it before the Internet even existed.  I believe that people that are fans of a sport should know its history.  Its so easy nowadays with sites like wikipedia. pro-football-reference.com, basketball-reference.com, baseball-reference.com, etc to look up certain teams/players or even the general history of the sport.

Honestly, you sound very condescending in this post. Knowing the history of the NFL isn't remotely important to me. I couldn't care less that Arizona used to be in St. Louis. It's a fun fact that I didn't know, big deal. Not knowing the history of the NFL impacts my life in no way whatsoever. If you didn't know the Red Sox were the Americans prior to adopting their current nickname, I wouldn't talk down to you like a jackass. Congratulations on your ability to state you know sports history.

2 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Honestly, you sound very condescending in this post. Knowing the history of the NFL isn't remotely important to me. I couldn't care less that Arizona used to be in St. Louis. It's a fun fact that I didn't know, big deal. Not knowing the history of the NFL impacts my life in no way whatsoever. If you didn't know the Red Sox were the Americans prior to adopting their current nickname, I wouldn't talk down to you like a jackass. Congratulations on your ability to use Google.

FYP

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2016 at 2:49 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Make no mistake MafiaMan is only as smart as to what he finds on "the Google"! :lol:

I did a few test-runs on ESPN's "Stump the Schwab" back in the day.  Whooped his a** every time and my episodes never left the cutting room floor.  

Big combination of New England's O-line being brutal and Denver's D-line being awesome. Brady had guys in his face all day long. A lot of people will question the decision to go for it on 4th down, but at the time it was a good decision. Denver's defense was much better than New England's offense and you couldn't expect them to drive down the field again.

Obviously not the result I wanted but hopefully Manning will be able to go out on top now.