SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

10 minutes ago, Wright4UND said:

I disagree.  The players liked it! 

what i meant is that for the fan experience it doesn't do much........the "Hawk Walk" the length of the conference center would engage fans and create a little buzz in the main arena for a 3-4 minutes.

#ruffryders

11 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

I haven’t been to a home game yet (I will). Why don’t a few of you email the marketing team at UND Athletics and see what they come up with or for suggestions?

Let the marketing interns get creative, use their minds, then escalate it to their subordinates. 

Rather see/try something new than nothing or what they’re currently doing. 

They’ve been contacted. They just need to do it. Tunnel walk with appropriate audio (Sirius, Chicago Bulls theme is my suggestion)  +/- helmet (as I truly see helmet as optional) is what is needed. How they want to go about logistics and details is ultimately up to UND in-game / productions staff.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

I haven’t been to a home game yet (I will). Why don’t a few of you email the marketing team at UND Athletics and see what they come up with or for suggestions?

Let the marketing interns get creative, use their minds, then escalate it to their subordinates. 

Rather see/try something new than nothing or what they’re currently doing. 

Have some students or players come up with some ideas, we have our own young people that can do it

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what i meant is that for the fan experience it doesn't do much........the "Hawk Walk" the length of the conference center would engage fans and create a little buzz in the main arena for a 3-4 minutes.

#ruffryders

Hear me out: What if they did it through half of the parking lot and spent time engaging kids/fans? Maybe include the bank or cheerleaders? Bet that would get a great reaction. But maybe do it a little earlier so the the players can focus on the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Hear me out: What if they did it through half of the parking lot and spent time engaging kids/fans? Maybe include the bank or cheerleaders? Bet that would get a great reaction. But maybe do it a little earlier so the the players can focus on the game.

You and a few other cotton tops keep trying to bring up this point...

I promise you, having them do any sort of pregame walk with a camera showing them on the big screen with hype music going will do nothing negative to their focus for the game. If anything, it will get them more hyped up for the game and actually play better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

kinda already do that don't they.....walk from the bus and high five? correct?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

You and a few other cotton tops keep trying to bring up this point...

I promise you, having them do any sort of pregame walk with a camera showing them on the big screen with hype music going will do nothing negative to their focus for the game. If anything, it will get them more hyped up for the game and actually play better.

Significant difference between a tunnel walk and having the team running around the Conference Center and up in the stands. One is logical. The other, well not so much.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/18/2023 at 4:19 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

instead of the short red line.....they dothe blue line....do a circle or two at midfield (all flag holders) and over to the bench.....

"running around"...come on man!

1000002260.jpeg

Where is the locker room in this picture? Something different like this should at least be considered. Logistics 

8 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Where is the locker room in this picture? Something different like this should at least be considered. Logistics 

Logistics?
Next level thinking and planning?
Being able to organize a two-car parade (much less a three-car)?

No.

It's much more fun to just have a random brain spark and vomit it onto a keyboard and claim it's a Picasso. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Logistics?
Next level thinking and planning?
Being able to organize a two-car parade (much less a three-car)?

No.

It's much more fun to just have a random brain spark and vomit it onto a keyboard and claim it's a Picasso. 

Don’t be mean, he spent multiple minutes on that idea

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Ever wonder how different the interwebs would be without anonymity?

I probably wouldn't even post to be honest.  My buddies give me crap for "blogging" on here as it is, and in real life I'm kind of embarrassed to ever admit I do.

It would be interesting to know who some of the people are behind the screen names... would probably be some interesting surprises.  For example John Goodman (actor) posts on the Missouri State message boards I believe. 

I'd love to know the burner accounts for people in the athletic department.

• Upvote 1