SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Could you imagine the complaining about the coaches and players not being focused and ready when they come out flat in the first quarter because they were distracted by trying to nail this epic performance art?

Imagine the first time someone said Clemson would have their players get on a bus to get them to the main entrance.. rub a rock.... and then run downhill... Just to make it onto the field for the game

12 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Could you imagine the complaining about the coaches and players not being focused and ready when they come out flat in the first quarter because they were distracted by trying to nail this epic performance art?

All Bubba talks about is focus and being prepared, there is no way they would agree to anything this elaborate. Heck, they got rid of the inflated helmet and the tunnel walk. It's not going to happen in this era. 

13 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

All Bubba talks about is focus and being prepared, there is no way they would agree to anything this elaborate. Heck, they got rid of the inflated helmet and the tunnel walk. It's not going to happen in this era. 

But then decided it was a better idea to have the players run out with 100 Nodak flags??? I'm sure that really gets the guys focused and ready for the game!

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

But then decided it was a better idea to have the players run out with 100 Nodak flags??? I'm sure that really gets the guys focused and ready for the game!

Picking up a flag and running out to the field is about as mild as it gets. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Picking up a flag and running out to the field is about as mild as it gets. 

But somehow walking down a tunnel (something they do no matter what) with a camera showing you on the big board and running out an inflatable helmet is more distracting??

I'm not seeing your point on how getting rid of those two things makes the players more focused and prepared for a football game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

But somehow walking down a tunnel (something they do no matter what) with a camera showing you on the big board and running out an inflatable helmet is more distracting??

I'm not seeing your point on how getting rid of those two things makes the players more focused and prepared for a football game. 

I am all in on the helmet and tunnel camera, someone must have thought it was an issue. 

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

3 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Where was it disclosed that Bubba was the one who changed the pregame entrance?
Guessing the inflatable helmet wasn't a good fit with the pyrotechnics they announced they were adding this year in the 2023 "Improvements" release.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Tunnel walk ... < sigh > ... I must be old school: show up and play.

If it's about pre-game hype hire a Broadway director to put together an intro opening act and then hire hype-man Jamie to do intros. 

Oh good lord …. The game will happen regardless. And it’s not about just you / old timers, it about appealing to all potential UND fans / supporters. Get the young and old alike hyped for kickoff 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Oh good lord …. The game will happen regardless. And it’s not about just you / old timers, it about appealing to all potential UND fans / supporters. Get the young and old alike hyped for kickoff 

Exactly more about creating a more exciting game day experience and this seems to be something recruits will get excited to see.

• Like 4

take out the motorcycles, the boom boxes, and what not if u want..........but starting the tunnel walk down by the main entrance and having it be 3 minutes (with two parts/songs) instead of 30 seconds is doable.......

"hey billy wanna head down to the lower level for the walkup...ok?  bring your flag!!!!!!"

"hey dad i got a high five from tommy two gloves!!!!!!!"

• Upvote 2

On 9/15/2023 at 9:56 AM, Mama Sue said:

The players’ focus should not be affected by the way they enter the field. If they are prepared, the cheering and hype should increase their focus and determination, IMHO.

I think you could call this “The Hawk Walk.” Or do something to get the hype and crowd going…a drone following the path and projected on the screen…In Heaven There is No Beer….so many possibilities 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Wright4UND said:

Do we need to do another Help Bubba 4.0 project for a new helmet to run through? 

nope...helmet is not really needed.......a whole new intro/walk is needed...make it longer...engage the fan (kids) on the "Hawk Walk"....the flags are awesome but you barely see them and only for about 30 seconds.

I haven’t been to a home game yet (I will). Why don’t a few of you email the marketing team at UND Athletics and see what they come up with or for suggestions?

Let the marketing interns get creative, use their minds, then escalate it to their subordinates. 

Rather see/try something new than nothing or what they’re currently doing. 

• Upvote 2