SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

NDSU is going to have their hands absolutely full against Illinois St.  WOuldn't surprise me if Illinois St pulls it off. Their RB is an absolute stud, and NDSU better figure out how to control the interior LOS or their defense is going to get pounded in the manner of Coastal Carolina.

I think Carson "below average" Wents controls the game like CC and gives NDSU a chance to win.

BTW - Vraa has a hardship season and will most likely be back next year.  They already have 1 returning safety in board that has filled in quite nicely.  Doesn't matter who the RB is it's always been a "next man up" type position. NDSU will be just as capable as anyone next year. Certainly won't miss the playoffs.

NDSU is going to have their hands absolutely full against Illinois St. WOuldn't surprise me if Illinois St pulls it off. Their RB is an absolute stud, and NDSU better figure out how to control the interior LOS or their defense is going to get pounded in the manner of Coastal Carolina.

I think Carson "below average" Wents controls the game like CC and gives NDSU a chance to win.

BTW - Vraa has a hardship season and will most likely be back next year. They already have 1 returning safety in board that has filled in quite nicely. Doesn't matter who the RB is it's always been a "next man up" type position. NDSU will be just as capable as anyone next year. Certainly won't miss the playoffs.

NDSU won't be missing the playoffs for a long time. Anyone who suggests otherwise needs to pull their head out of their ass.

So if a guy doesn't start in the NFL he sucks in college? That's just rich. You need to stick to your hockey team and out of football logic.

Also, a QB needs WR's that can get seperation before they can star picking apart defenses. He does pretty good for a guy who's started 14 games of whatever.

You are arguing with one of your own. Johnboy is a FU grad and you disagree with his football logic because sometimes he posts without green/gold glasses on

• Upvote 3

So if a guy doesn't start in the NFL he sucks in college? That's just rich. You need to stick to your hockey team and out of football logic.

Also, a QB needs WR's that can get seperation before they can star picking apart defenses. He does pretty good for a guy who's started 14 games of whatever.

Didn't say he sucks. My hockey team is Notre Dame... I usually watch them a couple times a year. Probably watch as much football as you do... Not FCS much. I prefer FBS.

People tend to really get too defensive about players on teams they root for. In this case, that's you.

And he is not well liked over there either.

I'm coming around on Johnboy...he doesn't wear green and gold glasses all the time, unlike some of these other bozos who think the only teams that can hold a candle to the NDSU Bison are the 1972 Dolphins and the 1985 Bears.

I'm coming around on Johnboy...he doesn't wear green and gold glasses all the time, unlike some of these other bozos who think the only teams that can hold a candle to the NDSU Bison are the 1972 Dolphins and the 1985 Bears.

The bozos are also clueless, and it is a bit funny that they start an online fight with a Notre Dame fan on a Sioux board :D

What I find funny is a guy who is a Bison fan and a Golden Dome fan but has nothing to do with UND posts here. As far as Wentz goes I don't think anyone said he will start in the NFL. I for one and as many have said he will get a chance at a camp much like Jensen. If he doesn't then crow I will eat.

What I find funny is a guy who is a Bison fan and a Golden Dome fan but has nothing to do with UND posts here. As far as Wentz goes I don't think anyone said he will start in the NFL. I for one and as many have said he will get a chance at a camp much like Jensen. If he doesn't then crow I will eat.

He's got 10x the talent of Jesnen. Fix his mechanics and get that look in his eye like Jensen had and he could turn some heads big time.
  • Upvote 1

Wow, sorry CAS, but gotta play spelling police here. An attorney should be able to spell "admittedly" correctly, or at least believe the spell-check program when it tries to fix it for him.

Seems like you have a lot of pent-up issues that have built up during your brief absence from ss.com.

On the colored font idea, maybe ss.com should use that yellow color Bison fans are so fond of to alert them to sarcasm.

On the spelling issue, I assumed it was because his law degree came from UND...

This is an interesting thread. Recapping the last few pages. Somebody makes a observation that Wentz is a marginal FCS QB this causes his uncle to come on and defend him. Also, it causes NDSU fans to argue on a UND board. Everybody gripes about a HS basketball game delaying a semifinal college football game and oh ya there is some mention of NDSU going for four in a row against another MVC opponent.

I'll start with Wentz he's a good QB. I would have loved to see him at UND. If he was my nephew I'd stick up for him to. Who can argue about a starting QB that played the whole year leading his team to the national championship game. As for the NFL, you never know. Nobody does not even the so called experts. Hall of famer Tom Brady was a 6th rounder. The future will hold the answer to that. My opinion is that he ends up on a practice squad.

As for the NDSU fans spatting on Siouxsports about NDSU football. So be it, atleast it's better than reading GF Hockey and Darrell argue about who's living in their parents basement and how one can drink themselves sober while getting his drinks bought by a guy or guys that may or may not run the town of GF.

The high school game is bull but there isn't one thing we can do about it as long as ESPN remains the sports network with all the postseason contracts. It happens to UND hockey to, it sucks the end.

Lastly, good luck to NDSU. Four in a row is a great accomplishment.

Oh ya, I almost forgot see you dinks next september19th. That game will start on time.

• Upvote 1

I'm not a Bison fan so I'll go with your take on his 2 "best games". I live in Fargo so I have seen big chunchs of 7 SU games on TV...miracle of live TV and DVR. Just my opinion but the others I saw looked similar to his play last night...not NFL caliber by any stretch. If your nephew makes the NFL...great for him, you, the rest of the family, and NDSU.

PASSING  GP-GS  Effic  Cmp-Att-Int  Pct  Yards   TD  Long  Avg/G 

Carson Wentz   15-15  152.9  213-336-10  63.4  2874  24  75  191.6

I'll continue to accept marginal FCS QB's like Wentz  in the years to come. He quietly broke Jensen's season passing yards (NDSU record) on Friday night.

And he has also ran for almost 700 yards.

I'll continue to accept marginal FCS QB's like Wentz  in the years to come. He quietly broke Jensen's season passing yards (NDSU record) on Friday night.

I just put in a call to Ted Thompson.................

He obviously has talent but teams are stacking the box with 8-9 guys and covering the WR's one on one with little to no safety help.  I watched the SDSU game and he had between 5-7 seconds minimum each drop back to throw.  Teams are selling out to stop the run, having Crockett lined up behind him has benefitted him immensely.  That plan came incredibly close to working for SDSU and CCU.  It worked exceptionally well for UNI.  .

He obviously has talent but teams are stacking the box with 8-9 guys and covering the WR's one on one with little to no safety help. I watched the SDSU game and he had between 5-7 seconds minimum each drop back to throw. Teams are selling out to stop the run, having Crockett lined up behind him has benefitted him immensely. That plan came incredibly close to working for SDSU and CCU. It worked exceptionally well for UNI. .

Yep. He has all day to throw. Some of that is because he is a good athlete, I'll credit him on that. I would hope if a team puts 8 or 9 in the box that you can torch them.

• 3 weeks later...

If I have to hear one more time about how this is good for the state and for UND and why I should chear them on I will be sick. It's like a Florida gators alumni cheering for Florida state in a title game, makes no sense.I will be cheating for NDSU to get smoked just like I have th last 3 years.....makes me sick.

• Upvote 3

If I have to hear one more time about how this is good for the state and for UND and why I should chear them on I will be sick. It's like a Florida gators alumni cheering for Florida state in a title game, makes no sense.I will be cheating for NDSU to get smoked just like I have th last 3 years.....makes me sick.

I wonder how many Bison fans cheered on UND in the 2001 and 2003 NC games against GVSU? What number falls lower than one?

I wonder how many Bison fans cheered on UND in the 2001 and 2003 NC games against GVSU? What number falls lower than one?

Ya it is amazing how many Bison fans are around the state now that they won. They are like Seahawks and Bronco fans....just miraculously appear when the winning starts.It is always non alumni preaching this garbage too... I really can't take it seriously

• Upvote 1

Ya it is amazing how many Bison fans are around the state now that they won. They are like Seahawks and Bronco fans....just miraculously appear when the winning starts.It is always non alumni preaching this garbage too... I really can't take it seriously

Agreed, as i have stated before, I now have bison fans in my family within the last year. My brother keeps teaching his 5 year old daughter hookem horns, but I do my part by confusing her by saying "i didn't know you were a Texas fan."