SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at SUU

geaux_sioux

Why fake punt? Dumb move

Question, aren't the Bison playing right now?  Why are you watching our game on a crappy feed?  Are you so bored with the Bison winning, that you now enjoy the opportunity to watch us have a crappy game and lose so you can come talk more smack on our board and feel even better about yourself?  I'm sure you are absolutely loving this right now.

Defense hasn't adjusted to Mountain time???  That is about the lamest excuse I have ever heard.

The message there genius is that there is no excuse for how the defense is playing.

We aren't out of this yet. We are playing a team with a weak defense. If we give Bartels time and hang on to the ball we can score on these guys.

The message there genius is that there is no excuse for how the defense is playing.

We aren't out of this yet. We are playing a team with a weak defense. If we give Bartels time and hang on to the ball we can score on these guys.

Agree - this is still winable - if we get our act together and get some points now

I guess I didn't pick up on that you meant that part as sarcasm.   Yes we can come back, coaches have to give them a butt chewing at half though that is for sure.  3 points against a one win team at half is horrible.  There is still hope, but we need a dramatic change in the second half.  Catching the ball would be a good place to start.

Bartels needs the wind at his back. He doesn't throw a tight spiral which you need into the wind.

Ummmmmm...this just in...at this stage in the game his lack of a "tight spiral" is the least of the concerns as it relates to this pathetic product on display.

Bartles is capable. He faces same challenges Joe did. Receivers don't always run right route and don't always catch ball. Don't have as much time as some of you think sometimes. The offensive issues aren't and haven't been the QB. If Bartels can bring us back, he starts and with Joe hurt he probably starts anyway.

Reason fake punt there isn't bad call is cuz no one else thought we should fake it either and it should have gone. I didn't like taking wind and giving up ball to start game but I understand it. Defense hasn't adjusted to Mountain time.

Bartels throws off his back foot a lot and uses a lot of arm, but he makes it work.