SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at SUU

geaux_sioux

Extremily disappointed in Bubba's coaching today. 

1.  Why give SUU the ball to start both halfs.  You get the Wind for 1/2 the game to matter what.  Why give them extra positions.

2.  Should have gone for 2 after getting within 5.  Did not matter, but still a mistake

3.  Dumb to go for it on 4th down in 1st Qtr.

4.  Bad fake punt.

1.  Why give SUU the ball to start both halfs.  You get the Wind for 1/2 the game to matter what.  Why give them extra positions.

2.  Should have gone for 2 after getting within 5.  Did not matter, but still a mistake

4.  Bad fake punt.

I agree....was both a bad day for the players, and the coaches.  I was ok with going for it on the 4th down, however after looking at how SUU was lined up on defense that play I didn't feel we were going to be able to run it for the first down, and it wasn't even close.

I stated on another post earlier this week, even when we had good deep playoff run types of teams when we were solid in all three phases of the game, every year it seems like we would almost lose or lose to an average or below average team.  We are anything but a good consistent team this year, so chances of us laying an egg at some point were very high.  Consider the egg layed.  

This team has the road game blues

UND at home is way different than UND on the road.

Defense played bad.

Offense was mistake filled.

No playoffs this year.

No offense but statement #5 was NEVER a possibility coming into this season.

I was surprised with how poorly the D played this afternoon.

On the pregame radio I thought they were pumped UND won the coin toss, or so I thought.

Then I watched SUU get the ball after the half, and I thought oh maybe UND lost the coin toss.

And now read here SUU got the ball first for both halves? How did that happen?

4.  Bad fake punt.

And then not to go for it on fourth down in the fourth quarter when UND was only down 11 or so around the fifty yard line.

I thought after the penalty on SUU after UND scored to kick it off around the 50 might have been a nice chance for a didn't see that coming onside kick.