SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at SUU

geaux_sioux

Haven't heard what is wrong with Bartels, but expect to have redshirt pulled from Studsrud. Don't know if they will start him but I would expect it or they wouldn't need to pull redshirt.  I assume Hanson would be back-up. If they were going to start Hanson, then I thought they could bring Studsrud along and pull redshirt only if they played him.  Not sure if any of that has changed, don't keep up. Joe lasted 8 games, Bartels lasted less than 2.  They must protect these remaining QB's.  Might have to move Labat if anyone else gets hurt.  He played QB in HS when Mollberg was hurt.

Well the advantage to pulling the shirt is he'll be evaluated under game situations and everyone should have a better handle on him for next year.   If Studsrud doesn't look the part, I'd rather know it now instead of next Aug.   Good luck to Joe and Ryan on their recovery.

So we're damaged at QB.

With our high-power pass...

The ground and pound rush...

It's time for the hogs to overpow... 

Nevermind. 

Pass the aspirin ... away. Send the Jack over here instead. And the Smirnoff too. 

Or by some crazy notion Keaton plays well enough to where there is no doubt who is the starter next year.

If not... I'll take the Barcadi

weak part of the schedule.

Been referenced often.

Saying its the "weak part of the schedule" does not mean people think UND is better than them.  It means people are comparing the 12 opponents and saying which part is stronger or weaker.  Really has nothing to do with UND.

• Upvote 2

Seems the speculation about an injury to Bartles was just that: speculation. 

From SiouxFB.AreaVoices.com:

The Sicatoka says:
Presser should be over: What’s the story on Bartles?

oskie says:
Nothing. Business as usual. He is the starter.  :)

• Upvote 1

Was anyone else at the SDSU a few (okay maybe more than a few) years ago when starter went down (can't remember his name) and Wilson came in off the bench and led the team to a last second victory - I seem to remember a pass in the end zone was tipped into the open arms of a Sioux receiver who was laying on his back - that place got pretty quiet except for a group of us in the wooden seats going crazy. Dang I miss those easy road trips.

Sorry for Moberg but thank goodness we have a proven #2 - a week with the first unit should help.

Seems the speculation about an injury to Bartles was just that: speculation.

From SiouxFB.AreaVoices.com:

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2014/10/27/und-vs-suu-game-thoughts/#comments

That would be good news and this team needs some good news with regards to injuries. Heard earlier today Bartles might also be done with shoulder injury and Studsrud getting redshirt pulled. Not jconfirmed. Would be good if someone in GF could find out. Would also be good if they didn't have to pull Studrud's redshirt.

Is there someone else on the roster who played QB in HS who could run a few snaps. (Normally one of the safeties or WRs played QB in HS.) 

What happened to Devon Coyle from Mandan?  He played QB and was a great point guard in basketball in HS.  I was wondering about him earlier this year as I remember him being a stud in HS but hadn't heard anything about him.  I lived in Bismarck at the time so saw him play a fair amount of basketball. I thought I checked the roster earlier in the year and saw he was still listed as a DB, but now I don't see him listed.  If he was on the roster I think he'd be able to fill in pretty well as an emergency QB, he was a great athlete and made a ton of clutch plays in HS.

I would be very surprised if it isn't announced they are pulling Studsrud's redshirt and he starts Sat. Will have to see.

That would contradict what the Insiders bloggers put out (however, upon further review they are hedging talking about "dinged" and wanting to see how practice goes Tuesday).

That would contradict what the Insiders bloggers put out (however, upon further review they are hedging talking about "dinged" and wanting to see how practice goes Tuesday).

Maybe depends if it is his throwing shoulder or not. In theory, one could play with an injured shoulder, non throwing arm, would be gutsy.

What happened to Devon Coyle from Mandan?  He played QB and was a great point guard in basketball in HS.  I was wondering about him earlier this year as I remember him being a stud in HS but hadn't heard anything about him.  I lived in Bismarck at the time so saw him play a fair amount of basketball. I thought I checked the roster earlier in the year and saw he was still listed as a DB, but now I don't see him listed.  If he was on the roster I think he'd be able to fill in pretty well as an emergency QB, he was a great athlete and made a ton of clutch plays in HS.

Was wondering the same thing.  He single handedly almost beat BHS a few years ago in the HS state FB final.  He isn't on the offical roster anymore so I assume he quit?

Saying its the "weak part of the schedule" does not mean people think UND is better than them.  It means people are comparing the 12 opponents and saying which part is stronger or weaker.  Really has nothing to do with UND.

And I said (to summarize), and I did not even quote anyone in particular, that given the injuries/performance vs suu there is no weak part and probably best not to reference the remainder as weak.  Not exactly an unreasonable post.

Was wondering the same thing.  He single handedly almost beat BHS a few years ago in the HS state FB final.  He isn't on the offical roster anymore so I assume he quit?

Coyle is still listed on the version of the roster from the most recent game notes. There are differences in the two rosters, and I honestly don't know which one is more accurate. The version that omits Coyle still includes Aaron Rogers for some reason, and I believe he quit before the first game. But both versions have removed Shea Walker, who only quit a few weeks ago.

EDIT: Tom Miller confirmed today in the Herald live chat that Coyle quit the team within the last week or two.

That sucks that Coyle quit, I wonder if he felt he would never see the field or what.  I was hoping at some point he would make some contributions, it's nice to see kids you watched in local High Schools make contributions to the team.