SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen4sioux

I don't get paid almost half a million to coach

I get paid quarter million to drill oil which my job is in doubt right now

It's the name of the game.

Should ha e enough to retire on tho

$250K a year to drill oil? I wouldn't pay you $25 to detail my car.
  • Upvote 1

Id hope we would have higher expectations than winning more games than you lose in ten years.

We aint UMD.

Yet apparently some here want us to be.  Win that one championship surrounded by years of mediocrity.  But we have that "natty!"

• Upvote 3

my point is (it was made earlier) Hak hasn't had a losing season at UND since he has been head coach. what happens if gfhockey and the GOBC get hak fired and the next coach doesn't have a winning season for the next 3 years?

then try someone else!! its not hak's god given right or anyones to be a head coach at a school for 20 straight years...try someone else if they suck try someone else...

• Upvote 1

Yet apparently some here want us to be.  Win that one championship surrounded by years of mediocrity.  But we have that "natty!"

Or maybe compete every year and win a national every 5 years or so. Or maybe even win 2 or 3 in a row! Or just be good losers and be content with the fact that you are competitive every year.

Is it about bragging rights?  I want to win a title every year too, but I really get entertained by the fact that we have a chance to win every game, are pursuing that title every year, and have something fun to watch on most weekend nights.  The journey is better than the destination- just like life...

What is one natty win worth in terms of entertainment value?  To me personally, it is still one single game- maybe I revel in it for a second day and get to brag about 8 being more than 5, but really, its one game...

• Upvote 1

Is it about bragging rights?  I want to win a title every year too, but I really get entertained by the fact that we have a chance to win every game, are pursuing that title every year, and have something fun to watch on most weekend nights.  The journey is better than the destination- just like life...

What is one natty win worth in terms of entertainment value?  To me personally, it is still one single game- maybe I revel in it for a second day and get to brag about 8 being more than 5, but really, its one game...

You sure hit the nail for me, yzer.  

then try someone else!! its not hak's god given right or anyones to be a head coach at a school for 20 straight years...try someone else if they suck try someone else...

Yeah... That's GREAT for recruiting to change coaches if they don't win a title every three years. Good lord.

• Upvote 3

that shows a program that is in shambles than, real great for national exposer! i'm sure glad none of you people are UND's AD, we would be the laughing stock of D1 hockey! 

• Upvote 2

Excellent post.

Is it about bragging rights?  I want to win a title every year too, but I really get entertained by the fact that we have a chance to win every game, are pursuing that title every year, and have something fun to watch on most weekend nights.  The journey is better than the destination- just like life... What is one natty win worth in terms of entertainment value?  To me personally, it is still one single game- maybe I revel in it for a second day and get to brag about 8 being more than 5, but really, its one game...

Memories of being and witnessing a championship in person with my best friends will last a lifetime. More I can get of those the better. I wont remember the "oh we competed. Theres always next year."