SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen4sioux

No offense, but this is what I would call the Doug Woog Defense.

No way Bobby Bowden wins an NCAA football championship with you as Athletic Director.  1976 to 1992 without one?  Not on your watch.

Bo Schembechler at Michigan:  0 NCAA football championships, 5-12 record in bowl games.  1969-1989.  No way he makes it to 1980 with you as AD - he'd lost 7 consecutive bowl games by then. 

No way LEGENDARY coaches like that survive in today's "gimme gimme gimme" climate. 

And, for the record, Doug Woog is a good man and was a good coach.  It's a damn shame he never won an NCAA title. 

• Upvote 3

Dave Hakstol has not won more than two games in a row in the NCAA tournament since about a decade ago.

That might be the most negative positioning of a post-season performance possible...winning 2 games takes you to the Frozen Four...winning 3 games takes you to the national championship...

No way Bobby Bowden wins an NCAA football championship with you as Athletic Director.  1976 to 1992 without one?  Not on your watch.

Bo Schembechler at Michigan:  0 NCAA football championships, 5-12 record in bowl games.  1969-1989.  No way he makes it to 1980 with you as AD - he'd lost 7 consecutive bowl games by then. 

No way LEGENDARY coaches like that survive in today's "gimme gimme gimme" climate. 

And, for the record, Doug Woog is a good man and was a good coach.  It's a damn shame he never won an NCAA title. 

I got to meet Doug a few times, he was an awesome guy. He's one of the nicest guys that you will ever meet. 

I got to meet Doug a few times, he was an awesome guy. He's one of the nicest guys that you will ever meet.

My dad got paired up with Doug randomly on a gold course one time and said the same thing. I also met his son Dan when I worked in downtown Mpls, super nice guy. Had some fun stuff to say about playing games in NoDak. He said when you are the coaches son, you learn alot of things about your mom and family members you never knew, from the fans.

If UND wins a national title, you'll will be the first one jumping on Hak's bandwagon. 

I'll be the first one admitting I was wrong on this forum and congratulating Hakstol on finally getting over the hump and cementing his status as a great (not just good) coach in the history of this great program.  As for bandwagons, I have been on this program's bandwagon since I was 6 years old watching UND and Wisconsin play for the national title on television and I don't plan on getting off ever.

And I wasn't taking personal shots at the Wooger; just stating a fact.  I have nothing against Woog; everyone that knows him says he's a good guy.  Although I did enjoy giving him lots of grief at the Old REA during the 1990's. :D

Some people on here tonight need to take a chill pill and relax.  Maybe it's the subzero cold getting to people? :p