SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen4sioux

No, actually we won them back then - averaging about once every 5 years for the 25 years previous to Hak.  

back when they won the titles in in the 50's and 60's there were only 4 teams in the NCAA tournament. in the early 80's there were 5 teams, than in the mid 80's there were 8 teams. Than when they moved to the early 2000's they moved to 12 teams. At present day there are 16 teams that play in the national tournament, so I would say the times have changed a little bit.

Now I am not trying to take anything away from there old titles but I am just saying that it isn't as easy to win a title anymore. There are more teams, the format has changed, players are evolving each year. It would be nice to win a national championship soon too but I realize that it isn't easy to win and it shows that the best team isn't necessarily the team thats going to win. I'm not quite sure why everyone wants to fire Hak every year he has been a coach!  

On my death bed, I will not remember anything related to my athletic fandom of SIoux hockey...wins or not...nattys or not...

My 32 year old buddy just had a medical scare with death. I told him dont go dying on me. We still havent watched UND win a championship together. I cant wait to hug him at that game when it eventually happens! Jumping up and down like never before! We were in high school last time UND won a championship and have traveled 4 Times all ending in disappointment.

Winning the big game requires that you get the absolute best from everybody for sixty minutes when it matters most.  I think the most important character in that play is the goaltender.  We often talk about Blais' offensive build out and attacking with unmatched speed.  Blais is also known for being a mindbender on goalies...really messing with their psyche.  Our achilles heal during our best opportunities under Hak was the play of our tenders...think BC...

Hakstol has a goalie coach in Karl Geohring. Dean Blais never had a goalie coach.

back when they won the titles in in the 50's and 60's there were only 4 teams in the NCAA tournament. in the early 80's there were 5 teams, than in the mid 80's there were 8 teams. Than when they moved to the early 2000's they moved to 12 teams. At present day there are 16 teams that play in the national tournament, so I would say the times have changed a little bit. Now I am not trying to take anything away from there old titles but I am just saying that it isn't as easy to win a title anymore. There are more teams, the format has changed, players are evolving each year. It would be nice to win a national championship soon too but I realize that it isn't easy to win and it shows that the best team isn't necessarily the team thats going to win. I'm not quite sure why everyone wants to fire Hak every year he has been a coach!

#butBostonCollege