SiouxSports.com Forum

SJSU Predictions

UND Fan

Well, we lost our two best offensive weapons, we have a mediocre offensive line, our defense was abysmal last year and isn't expected to be anything great this year and we lack any high end talent. I have SJSU 34 UND 13.

Yeah you are right...

Load the boys up Bubba, NewUNDAlum says we don't have a chance. No reason to even play the game. ?

Your attitude leads me to believe you were connected to the Muss teams for some reason.

• Upvote 2

Yeah you are right...

Load the boys up Bubba, NewUNDAlum says we don't have a chance. No reason to even play the game. ?

Your attitude leads me to believe you were connected to the Muss teams for some reason.

No...common sense say this FB team, under Muss, was absolutely horrible last year. A new coach won't wave a magic wand and change them into a BS contender immediately. And how many times has UND upset a FBS team to date? But I guess being a 3+ TD underdog on the road with everything else factored in screams..."So you are saying there's a chance..." You might as well double down and throw some $$$ on the Jacks to beat Mizzu as well then.

No...common sense say this FB team, under Muss, was absolutely horrible last year. A new coach won't wave a magic wand and change them into a BS contender immediately. And how many times has UND upset a FBS team to date? But I guess being a 3+ TD underdog on the road with everything else factored in screams..."So you are saying there's a chance..." You might as well double down and throw some $$$ on the Jacks to beat Mizzu as well then.

San Jose State is no Mizzou...

UND has a chance against San Jose State talent-wise, but they have to execute and have very very few mistakes.

Saint Joseph State University 42,  The University of North Dakota 28. 

San Jose is picked 5th in their division by most "experts":

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24648034/expert-predictions-mountain-west

A 3-9 season is a possibility for them.  This kind of gets me excited about UND's chances.  But, I still have a hangover with that Idaho game a few years back.  UND stunk it up so bad in a game against probably the worst FBS team in the nation. 

If Bubba has them ready, and the ball bounces the right way, there could be an upset.   I wouldn't go off shore betting on that though!  

If we can stop the run like we did in the 2011-12 season we will be in every game. So hopefully are front 7 have a great game and keep us close until the end. We get a late stop like we did at San Diego State, but this time we get the first down and the true freshman kicks a late field goal for the win!

Go Sioux 

Very tough to predict any score for a first game, especially with a new coach and system.  All I want to see is UND play hard every play, little steps of success.  A different attitude than last year, and Sioux Nation backing them 100%.

Like coach Gaines of "Friday Night Lights said.

Coach Gary Gaines: Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didnt let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasnt one more thing you could've done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman - you're perfect!

Sioux be Perfect

• Upvote 1

"UND has a chance against SJS talent wise" 

Really you think UND has the same FB talent as SJS?  In what world do you live in? 

I do not believe "has a chance" and "has the same" carry quite the same meaning. 

Game Thoughts: If someone's giving 24.5 points, I'm taking the points. 

"UND has a chance against SJS talent wise" 

Really you think UND has the same FB talent as SJS?  In what world do you live in? 

Has a chance....UND can compete with SJSU, no problem. 

The 2014 San Jose State football team isn't doing anything special this season. They had an explosive offense last year with a very bad defense and yet went only 6-6. They managed to beat Sacramento State at home by a score of 24-0; only a three possession game. This season, San Jose State comes off a 6-6 season without their all-star quarterback, three new inexperienced starters on the offensive line, and for this game vs. UND, they don't have their starting RB. 

UND has a real good shot, because this year's San Jose State team is worse than the team that only beat last year's Sacramento State 24-0. 

If we can stop the run like we did in the 2011-12 season we will be in every game. So hopefully are front 7 have a great game and keep us close until the end. We get a late stop like we did at San Diego State, but this time we get the first down and the true freshman kicks a late field goal for the win!

Go Sioux 

I expect from this year and on, that UND's strength will be its defense. Even after last year's horrible defense, the new staff has put into place new players and a new system that has the team looking more and more like a stout defensive/TOP team. I think the defense will surprise some people and play well. 

From a Dline standpoint, this team should be only better. Another season for Spencer Cummings; Jordan Hinojosa is a talent and workhorse at the NG, and Alec Carrothers is gonna be a good one. 

At the LB spot, we will be better. Dayo Idowu comes back; Ben Peters - starter from last year - is straight up replaced by the more talented Taj Rich; young and hungry Brian Labat takes over other OLB spot; and MLB Will Ratelle is geared up to be a star the next two seasons.

In secondary, CB Alex TIllman is the best CB that UND has had for a while (he will replace Daryl Brown nicely), Chris Brown and Fr Chris Carter will hold down other spot, and Cole Reyes at the safety spot can hit like a brick sh*thouse!

The defense may be shaky game 1, but as the season progresses, I see this as the strength of the team.

Now, the offense needs to play the TOP game, run the ball, and limit mistakes (turnovers/penalties).

Go UND!!