SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

How nice it must be for Providence. Got to play in their town as 15th overall seed. It's bull$%!# any way you spin it. Even with them playing there, looked like quite a few empty seats even with the lights off.

Sucks for LaLeggia. Arguably the best player in the game for Denver and he took a very bad penalty. Which cost them.

Think they said 30 years ago was the only time providence was in the ff. They were in the ff in gf in 83

I believe the Friars were also in there once in the 1960's. Check with Siouxman - he was probably there to see it in person.

Don't know why, but I was rooting for the Pios in this one. They got screwed with that laleggia call

I was too and I hate Denver. The Laleggia call was terrible refs need to quit rewarding guys for skating with their heads down. Pretty weak that Providence snuck into the tournament and then the committee does them the favor of keeping them close to home but it wasn't surprising at all. Providence definitely having some breaks go their way right now with staying close to home, Miami without a couple key players, and then the major call on Laleggia. 

I was too and I hate Denver. The Laleggia call was terrible refs need to quit rewarding guys for skating with their heads down. Pretty weak that Providence snuck into the tournament and then the committee does them the favor of keeping them close to home but not surprising that was what happened. Providence definitely getting some breaks right now with staying close to home, Miami without a couple key players, and then the major call on Laleggia. 

They have called those hits 5's all year, the Providence player was hit in the head with his head up looking forward as LaLeggia skated across his path.

They have called those hits 5's all year, the Providence player was hit in the head with his head up looking forward as LaLeggia skated across his path.

I thought it was a terrible call he was hit in the head because he was looking down. I just think it is pretty weak to reward a guy for having his head down.

The Midwest Regional: otherwise known as The Twilight Zone Bracket. First RIT knocks off #1 Mankato, then they handle Omaha's PP like it was being run by a j.v. girl's squad. Planes may slip into another dimension if they fly directly over that arena.

Don't know why, but I was rooting for the Pios in this one. They got screwed with that laleggia call

Maybe I have my green glasses on but I thought that was a good call by the officials. LaLeggia tee'd the vulnerable player up with a shot to the head. Why do you say LaLeggia got screwed?