SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Yes it would, big time. At the same time, however, every fan on this forum knows what Dean Blais is capable of. And he's on that other bench now. And you better believe I will fear him if it's UND and Omaha on Saturday night. :unsure:

Blais does have a twisted wrister and some great hands, he could beat our dmen wide if he's on his game :)

There is one reason Omaha is still alive in the tournament, and it isn't Dean Blais, it is Ryan Massa.  For the mostpart, they were outplayed by RIT, but Massa made the saves to give Omaha the chance to strike first, and when they did it was game over.  That happens more than people would like to admit.

Yes it would, big time.  At the same time, however, every fan on this forum knows what Dean Blais is capable of.  And he's on that other bench now.  And you better believe I will fear him if it's UND and Omaha on Saturday night. :unsure:

If they do meet, I hope Hak and the team aren't as weak-kneed about Blais as you are.

• Upvote 1

Per Andy Baggot, Mike Eaves has fired his assistant coaches

https://twitter.com/andybaggotwsj/status/585621014517788673

They could have just let their contracts expire on June 30th.

Tom Sagissor isn't happy with Shuckuk being fired.

cTQ2w_5S_normal.jpeg Tom Sagissor @SagissorTom  ·  17m 17 minutes ago

I'm very disappointed in the recent decision by Mike Eaves to fire his asst Gary Shuchuk.

cTQ2w_5S_normal.jpeg Tom Sagissor @SagissorTom  ·  14m 14 minutes ago

The Badger Hockey program has been held together by Shuchuk and Eaves is using Baggot's article as a scapegoat to release him.

I agree, but if your boss demands change within your 3-person work group, are you going to offer up your own head on a platter first?

From what I understand, Gino did.  Word is that he was told to get new assistants and wouldn't throw his assistants under the bus and was then fired. 

From what I understand, Gino did.  Word is that he was told to get new assistants and wouldn't throw his assistants under the bus and was then fired. 

that's called a leader

Rick Barnes from Texas was fired not 86'ing some of his assistants.  I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but head coaches have staff changes all the time.