SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Odd, I always thought too (and what I heard) that it was #16 HC losing to #1 Min. Still a big dal though cus it was the Gofers in our barn!

Wisconsin was the #1 overall seed (my how the mighty have fallen in only 9 years) and the #16 seed was the CHA tournament champion Bemidji State.

I'm bummed the Wcha teams didn't show better. Excited the Sioux made the FF. Am hopeful but BU is a very significant obstacle and none od the other teams are push ivers either. But if UND can get through BU they've got as decent a shot as they can ask for

I think UND was the underdog also in 1997 when they faced BU in the title game. I think BU had a lot more firepower that year, UND just had a hot goalie in Schweitzer, a better team game & destiny. 

No single player on BU is going to beat UND this year; it's going to take a lot more than just Eichel to beat this year's UND team. UND also gets last-change throughout the Frozen Four so we can dictate the match-ups. If Poganski or Poolman can get their crosshairs on the shifty Eichel, we'll be able to wear the kid down a little. I'm confident....

I think UND was the underdog also in 1997 when they faced BU in the title game. I think BU had a lot more firepower that year, UND just had a hot goalie in Schweitzer, a better team game & destiny.

No single player on BU is going to beat UND this year; it's going to take a lot more than just Eichel to beat this year's UND team. UND also gets last-change throughout the Frozen Four so we can dictate the match-ups. If Poganski or Poolman can get their crosshairs on the shifty Eichel, we'll be able to wear the kid down a little. I'm confident....

That Evan Rodrigues is a pretty good player...

That Evan Rodrigues is a pretty good player...

Every team usually has a couple good players, sometimes really good players like BU.

But it'll be UND's 4 lines & Zane vs. BU's 4 lines & their goalie....

Plus I think playing 4 games against Miami this year really prepared us for high-octane offenses.

Every team usually has a couple good players, sometimes really good players like BU.

But it'll be UND's 4 lines & Zane vs. BU's 4 lines & their goalie....

Plus I think playing 4 games against Miami this year really prepared us for high-octane offenses.

I have heard BU is a bit "soft." 

Get some bodies on them (legally) and see how they react. 

Get some bodies on them (legally) and see how they react. 

Exaaaaaaaaactly.

One or two flashy players does not a championship team make.

They'll have to beat the entire UND team, and oh yeah, plus Zane.

BU had nowhere near as competitive, grinding a schedule that UND had.

Teams actually hit each other & play a physical style west of the Mississippi. 

Mr. Eichel, say hello to Mr. Poolman's shoulder at 20 mph.

You could see that on one of UMD's goals today (forget if it was 1st or 2nd goal).

The UMD player was skating the puck up the boards into the offensive zone and instead of the BU defender driving him into the boards, he just let him skate right by with the puck.  He had the angle on him too where he could have easily put him into the boards.

Official: Dr Emmert, it's the NE Regional. BC has already lost in the east. BU is on the ropes here. What's your order, sir?

Emmert: You know what to do. Implement Operation T-P-P.

Official: Operation Toilet Paper Patrol?

Emmert: No, you dolt! Operation Terrier Power Play!

Official: Oh yea. Duh! Right away, sir!

I wish I had a gif image of the Miami player who dove to prevent the Providence ENG attempt. Talk about giving 110%. One of the most outstanding "never quit" plays I have ever seen.

Congratulations to the Miami Redhawks on an outstanding season. I was sooo pulling for your team to tie that up, win it in OT, and exorcise the demons of that NCAA title game loss to BU a few years back.

• Upvote 1

I wish I had a gif image of the Miami player who dove to prevent the Providence ENG attempt. Talk about giving 110%. One of the most outstanding "never quit" plays I have ever seen.

Congratulations to the Miami Redhawks on an outstanding season. I was sooo pulling for your team to tie that up, win it in OT, and exorcise the demons of that NCAA title game loss to BU a few years back.

This one?

https://twitter.com/NCAAIceHockey/status/581986931476590593

That was an insane play. Demonstrates how the game should be played in a playoff atmosphere.

BU got a bit of a home call with the disallowed goal with under 30 seconds to play.(Anyone with the gif image...as you can see the puck under the goalie's right leg) I was hoping for OT, as Duluth played a very solid game.

BU got a bit of a home call with the disallowed goal with under 30 seconds to play.(Anyone with the gif image...as you can see the puck under the goalie's right leg) I was hoping for OT, as Duluth played a very solid game.

Thought that would be overturned after review, can't believe it wasn't. You could see the puck across the line before the whistle, which doesn't eliminate the intent to blow cya excuse. Not sure if that excuse was made?

At the very least duluth could have gotten the Michigan had to be in call (vs omaha), but I guess they are not among the very limited number of teams who always get those calls "their way".

Can't help but feel there was a bit of need to have a HE/Boston team in the FF, both with that call and the weak late in the game holding call that resulted in the BU ppg.

I haven't seen that potential goal by Duluth but if that rightfully should have been called a goal then what a hard hard way to lose. I realize that would only have tied the game, but living is better than dying....

I think that Scott, the team, and certainly the fans have to feel they got screwed over. Crappy way to be eliminated.

I think that Scott, the team, and certainly the fans have to feel they got screwed over. Crappy way to be eliminated.

Heard thru the grapevine that some members of the UMD coaching staff confronted officials in the locker room afterwards...