SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Heard thru the grapevine that some members of the UMD coaching staff confronted officials in the locker room afterwards...

We all get angry at crap calls and strange goal reviews during the season, but ending your tourney hopes on calls like that sucks bigtime.

We all get angry at crap calls and strange goal reviews during the season, but ending your tourney hopes on calls like that sucks bigtime.

Exactly.......at least Tech pissed it down the leg on their own terms.

Can't help but feel there was a bit of need to have a HE/Boston team in the FF, both with that call and the weak late in the game holding call that resulted in the BU ppg.

I think as NCHC fans we knew that this was not going to go in Duluth's favor as the officials were reviewing the play. The team they were playing & the ramifications of that other team not making the FF didn't bode well for Duluth. Which is unfortunate because Sandelin coaches a good program the right way & is part of the Sioux hockey family.

Not having any Boston school & no Eichel in the Frozen Four in Boston of all places just wasn't going to happen.(( A comparison would be UND getting left out of the FF at REA due to some other team having a controversial call go their way at the X)). Talk about an embarrassment to Hockey East to have 3 or 4 NCHC schools in the FF right in their backyard.  I'm not implying that tournament officials colluded with the referees before the game, but for whatever reason, it's particularly weird to me how things all went against Duluth in the final 5 minutes against a team whose city would be hosting the FF in a couple weeks.

A comparison would be UND getting left out of the FF at REA due to some other team having a controversial call go their way at the X)). .

Haha back in the early 80's when we DID host the National Tourney, we were left out of the dance under very suspicious circumstances.

Haha back in the early 80's when we DID host the National Tourney, we were left out of the dance under very suspicious circumstances.

true, the old smoke filled room tourney selections in 83, best way to make sure the Sioux wouldn't win on home ice

Mr Poolman say hello to the Penalty Box courtesy of being too tall. ;)

I should clarify.

I don't think UND will try to intentionally hurt Eichel, it's not Hakstol's style. Besides, he's part of the royal class and he's just too shifty & it's too hard to line him up with a crushing hit & run check in open ice. But I think it would be smart to try & grind him down. He should be on a first name basis with the plexiglass & know how it feels to have some East Grand Forks kid leaning all 220 lbs into him whenever he goes to the boards....

Spend your time thinking how to hit Eichel or any fast, skilled player and you will probably find yourself sitting in the box watching him score. The Sioux have shown good restraint this year, mostly, and I hope they keep that up. This time of year a dumb penalty could cost a banner.

Though I agree with 357 that Eichel and his sisters need to understand the boards and corners will not be a comfortable place to hang out.