SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Your writings have always taken UNDs official line. Why can't you accept that they only tell you what they want to hear, not the full truth? A White House Press Conference isn't about truth, but about spin. ADs and coaches do the exact same thing.

If what I write so bothers you, dont read it. But instead you throw personal insults at me.

I don't have any problems with you or Mafia Man, but you both can't seem to think outside the lines. I happen to like that kind of speculation, but some hate it.

Official UND line? So, because I am not calling for Hak's head, that's official?

Volley, Goons doesn't want to jeopardize his brown nosing with the UND just live with it

There are followers in this world and there are leaders

I think we know which Goon is. Not to be making fun of  You goon it's just how it is. I respect you being a follower. The world needs them.

Thanks Scott... Coming from you that means a lot.

Volley goons don't want to jeopardize his brown nosing with the Und ad just live with it

I think we no which goon. Not to be making fun of u goon it's just how it is. I respect u being a follower. The world needs them.

Yet, you never reveal your sources for information you supposedly have ahead of time.  For that matter, you never reveal the information until after the fact.  Hmmm, either you don't want to jeopardize your GOBC network, or you are just full of crap.  I'm pretty sure I know which one it is.

• Upvote 4

Volley goons don't want to jeopardize his brown nosing with the Und ad just live with it

I think we no which goon. Not to be making fun of u goon it's just how it is. I respect u being a follower. The world needs them.

How sweet. A follower imparting his finite wisdom. You are correct. The world does need followers like you gfhockey. You make a fine follower of the %gobc.

• Upvote 3

So last night at my game, I asked a teammate of mine who played his college hockey at Arizona about ASU going D-I. He claims that ASU is putting the heat on the Wildcats to make the jump too for many reasons, not the least of which it would have a close opponent. From what he says, unlike ASU, Arizona already has a college hockey-ready arena in the 6,400 seat Tucson Convention Center, a devoted fan base, a strong hockey tradition and level of success, and is the third most attended sport behind football and basketball (this part I can't verify).

Before anyone picks apart my post, these are simply statements made by a buddy who went to school there. I cannot verify the accuracy of his claims but if true, I wanted to get others' opinions and thoughts about the possibility of the University of Arizona making the jump to D-I as well and what that could mean for the NCHC.

To clarify, the part about "unlike ASU" only pertained to my comment about the arena and facilities and nothing to do with ASU's achievements on the ice. From what I know, ASU has been very successful at the ACHA level and have a strong history of their own.

So last night at my game, I asked a teammate of mine who played his college hockey at Arizona about ASU going D-I. He claims that ASU is putting the heat on the Wildcats to make the jump too for many reasons, not the least of which it would have a close opponent. From what he says, unlike ASU, Arizona already has a college hockey-ready arena in the 6,400 seat Tucson Convention Center, a devoted fan base, a strong hockey tradition and level of success, and is the third most attended sport behind football and basketball (this part I can't verify).

Before anyone picks apart my post, these are simply statements made by a buddy who went to school there. I cannot verify the accuracy of his claims but if true, I wanted to get others' opinions and thoughts about the possibility of the University of Arizona making the jump to D-I as well and what that could mean for the NCHC.

I think they'll be next. The TCC seats around 9,000 for hockey only one end doesn't have seating. There was a plan to build another convention center across the highway from the TCC but it hasn't happened yet. A problem for Arizona is not enough ice rinks so the team can get ice time when they can't use the TCC.