SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

WMU leads Omaha 2-1

Minnesota leads Michigan 6-1

Go WMU!

A WMU puts UND alone in 1st of the NCHC.

UMN/UM score is surprising.  Either someone lit a fire under UMN's skates or UM is having a bad game.  I honestly wasn't that impressed with UMN last weekend against OSU so this is surprising.

Go WMU!

A WMU puts UND alone in 1st of the NCHC.

UMN/UM score is surprising.  Either someone lit a fire under UMN's skates or UM is having a bad game.  I honestly wasn't that impressed with UMN last weekend against OSU so this is surprising.

Not all that surprising to me Michigan seems like a different team on the road and their goaltending and defense are very suspect. Also I thought Minnesota would eventually breakout and couldn't keep playing as bad as they had this last month or so just because of how much talent they have.

I thought Michigan and Wisconsin were now Minnesota's biggest rivals? Could fool me with all the empty seats during these big time rivalry games.

I hope there are as many available seats when UND goes to the Mooch when the teams resume playing in the regular season.[/quote

Haha there is the old we fill our rink more than they do.

Haha there is the old we fill our rink more than they do.

My intention wasn't to make any comparisons. I'm just surprised at how many seats were left empty in games against big rivals Michigan and Wisconsin. A lot of people missed out on watching Michigan get shellacked in person. Empty seats were few and far between when UND played Minnesota at the Mariucci.

It's not that hard to dislike Michigan or Wisconsin. Don't know how that wouldn't garner more interest in attending.

Looks like the Sioux and Gophers might be back on that NCAA Tournament collision course.

South Bend still needs fans in the stands. Lots of hockey left and the conference tournaments will produce an upset somewhere resulting in an auto-bid for an unexpected team.