SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

In case you missed the grades from the early game, I've downgraded Miami from a C- to a D-.  Those jerseys were C- work, but put together with red breezers and red socks with white vertical stripes?  I just threw up in my mouth a little. 

Maybe you just don't understand 'the brotherhood'...:)

And speaking of hockey, Ohio State is simply brutal.  They canned Osiecki over "philosophical differences" with AD Gene Smith (I've got to believe this has to do with the treatment of the hockey program compared to everything else on campus) and that team looked absolutely awful this weekend.  Maybe Urban Meyer can put a bug in Gene's ear and the men's hockey program can be 86'd as quickly as UAB football was so that the Buckeye football team can get a new alternate jersey and a couple of hot tubs in their practice facility. 

Michigan - solid established program

Minnesota - see above

Michigan State - not going anywhere despite their record

Wisconsin - see Michigan State

Penn State - the surprise B10 story, looks like great potential

Ohio State - does anyone in Columbus even know they played this weekend?

What would the B10 do if Gene Smith pulled the plug on Buckeye hockey?

:)

Goldy moves up to a tie for 13 in the Pairwise after sweeping a bad OSU team. A split at home with Michigan would likely move them up a spot or two? Then they go on the road to Penn St. These are the best conference teams left and their best chance to solidify their NCAA hopes. Hard to tell how well they are playing after getting Wisco and Ohio State back to back but they've put themselves in a good position for the next two series. That being said, I hope they lose all 4 games.

• Upvote 1

Goldy moves up to a tie for 13 in the Pairwise after sweeping a bad OSU team. A split at home with Michigan would likely move them up a spot or two? Then they go on the road to Penn St. These are the best conference teams left and their best chance to solidify their NCAA hopes. Hard to tell how well they are playing after getting Wisco and Ohio State back to back but they've put themselves in a good position for the next two series. That being said, I hope they lose all 4 games.

Minnesota moving up is only a by-product of their wins against OSU.  It's the direct result of four things that happened last night:

#44 UMass beating #15 UMass-Lowell

#54 Brown beating #16 Harvard

#27 Dartmouth beating #18 Yale (at Yale)

#40 UNH beating #19 Vermont (at Vermont)

Minnesota moving up is only a by-product of their wins against OSU.  It's the direct result of four things that happened last night:

#44 UMass beating #15 UMass-Lowell

#54 Brown beating #16 Harvard

#27 Dartmouth beating #18 Yale (at Yale)

#40 UNH beating #19 Vermont (at Vermont)

As those games ended you saw that Minnesota was in the top 16 of the PWR.

The BC Interruption article is great! Notre Dame is stuck in Hockey East. No way do they and their TV contract join the NCHC.

• Upvote 1

I agree, NCHC doesn't need Notre Dame, Notre Dame needs NCHC.  They have several issue that will come about with bringing them in.  First of all is the NBC contract.  There is no need to even cross this bridge.  If it is expansion that NCHC is looking at doing, lets get some regional teams in first.  I would like to see some of the old WCHA teams get in.  Lets get Bemidji and Mankato in or add ASU and one of the aforementioned. 

• Upvote 1

Oh, so now that Notre Dame thinks that Hockey East isn't so pretty anymore, they want to see if the ugly duckling NCHC would take them back?

No thanks.

Who cares move on, I want what's best for college hockey. I think those two in nchc would better it. Simple as that. Probably won't happen but I would like it

If I knew we wouldn't have to put up with Jeff Jackson or Notre Dame's constant whining and self-righteousness about everything, I'd be all for them coming to the NCHC.

ASU could really end up just about anywhere.  It makes sense for them to be in the NCHC when looking at a map, but going to AZ would be like a shorter version of going to Alaska.  It's still a plane ride for every visiting team in the NCAA, so which conference wants their members to pony up for that is the answer.  Does the brand name recognition of ASU add enough to offset those costs?  Maybe, but I'm not so sure.