SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

CC played 20 minutes of good hockey in the first period and then reverted back to their old self in the second. Marble bailed them out stopping several grade A chances by Miami. Played better in the third but, like last Friday's game against Denver, once they went down by two, it was all over.

For CC a two goal deficit may as well be a twenty goal deficit.

Look and feel of the team next season should be different as Haviland has started following through on his promise to expand the recruiting base east. Two commitments from NJ and Penn.

Like others have said as well the gophs will be in fargo unless sioux are top seed overall and goofs are a lower 4 seed. Book it and bring it on.

I hear ya but unless sioux get top seed as in #1 and gophs aren't a 4 they will be placed in fargo. Just how the tourney does things

Most years I would agree.   But not this year.

The reason is the composition of the NCAA Mens Ice Hockey Committee:

http://www.uscho.com/ncaa/mens-division-i-ncaa-tournament/

Minnesota and North Dakota are represented. And I am 100% sure Minnesota would rather be anywhere but Fargo.   Put 2+2 together and I would wager two pints that Minnesota goes somewhere else.

This is all moot since Wisconsin will get the Big Easy's Ten's autobid by winning the conference tournament.

Most years I would agree. But not this year.

The reason is the composition of the NCAA Mens Ice Hockey Committee:

http://www.uscho.com/ncaa/mens-division-i-ncaa-tournament/

Minnesota and North Dakota are represented. And I am 100% sure Minnesota would rather be anywhere but Fargo. Put 2+2 together and I would wager two pints that Minnesota goes somewhere else.

This is all moot since Wisconsin will get the Big Easy's Ten's autobid by winning the conference tournament.

How are they going to win the big ten tourney? There is no other team in the ncaa's with only 2 wins! What makes you think they can win 3 in one month let alone 3 straight?