SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp

UND Fan

NDSU does it as well.

Correct, I agree with the poster who said it can be a good motivator. Not sure if NDSU still does it this way, but NDSU used to have everyone with just a plain helmet during spring ball and fall camp until the spring game and the opening game in the fall, respectively. Nothing wrong with letting players know that your position needs to be earned year in and year out. I like it.

So they went bowling? SO WHAT!!!

Fall Camp Notebook No. 12: 

"Shaugabay started the event with a three consecutive strikes "turkey" but found the gutter in the roll after that. Jake Hanson had the roll of the day by jumping the gutter of his lane and hitting the pins in the neighboring lane; however, he left a 7-10 split which was picked up by Hinohosa, who was bowling in the correct lane when he picked it up."

Coach Bubba about the session: "We saw some good things out there, but we still haven't defined our rolling order for bowling league play. We need to keep the intensity up. We're looking for consistent strike-throwers, not a bunch of fist pumpers after leaving a 6-7-10 split."

:D

Apologies to Hanson; someone had to do the lane-bounce in this tale. 

I was hoping Bubba would go with no logos until players dress for a game. It's a good psychogical trick to build player investment.

We don't use tricks or gimmicks. You are part of Sioux family from day one. We are a team and in this together. Senior, redshirt freshman, super star or backup longsnapper. They are all part of the team. We wear one uniform. That has always been a strength of this program.

• Upvote 1

We don't use tricks or gimmicks. You are part of Sioux family from day one. We are a team and in this together. Senior, redshirt freshman, super star or backup longsnapper. They are all part of the team. We wear one uniform. That has always been a strength of this program.

Would you also say all players are treated the same?

Would you also say all players are treated the same?

No, but I would say year in and year out they are treated fairly. Players everywhere are treated differently. They have to be cuz they have different personalities and abilities. We have had players make valuable contributions to the team that may see little playing time..if you are good enough to go through practice and film sessions and off season training, you deserve to wear the same uniform. Why waste time keeping track of who wears the helmet ND? If you like that sort of thing use the helmet decals for game accomplishments like Ohio State does with the Buckeyes on the helmets.

I know this is off topic but should there be concern for the 2 open dates on next years schedule?

They can only fill one of those dates. From my understanding, if things don't work out with FU, Brian is close to an agreement elsewhere. I wouldn't be too concerned.