SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp

UND Fan

I have waited to post until I watched a few practices. I have watched four workouts now. Here are my takes for what they're worth. Agree with the QB statements. Neither one seems to want to separate himself from the pack. They each have their ups and downs. Maybe Saturday's scrimmage will allow one of them to put some distance between himself and the pack. The o-line is a work in progress. They have been moving a few kids around but they are really struggling with exchanges and shotgun snaps at center. Again, agree that this is one area where a solid JUCO would have helped and they didn't get anyone. Running backs have all looked pretty good. Its too bad Jer is so darn short because he is very quick. I really can't say that any one has looked better than the others. The wide receivers have actually impressed me the most given the defections from that group. Some guys on this board are really jumping on Walker's bandwagon. Personally, I think he is good but not heads and tails above anyone else. Maybe just getting hyped because he's a freshman. Honestly, Carr, Young, and McGill have been very solid as well. I love watching Young run block because he really gets after it. I think he and a defensive back got into it during one of the sessions. Carr is very fast and looks to be a nice deep threat. The tight ends looks really solid and are a hard working group. They have to be thrilled that they might actually catch a pass this year.

Without too much detail on the defensive side (I am offense biased) I get the feeling we will be MUCH IMPROVED! There is more discipline, better coaching, and a few athletes that should help. The transfer from Kansas looks like a damn beast. Peters may be the odd man out there. It looks like they have been working Hinjosa at nose guard a bit. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Walker seems to have some issues because he is not suiting up at all (that I saw). I can't predict what the season will be like but I sure like what I am seeing at practice. Night and day from Mussman's debacle.

I have waited to post until I watched a few practices. I have watched four workouts now. Here are my takes for what they're worth. Agree with the QB statements. Neither one seems to want to separate himself from the pack. They each have their ups and downs. Maybe Saturday's scrimmage will allow one of them to put some distance between himself and the pack. The o-line is a work in progress. They have been moving a few kids around but they are really struggling with exchanges and shotgun snaps at center. Again, agree that this is one area where a solid JUCO would have helped and they didn't get anyone. Running backs have all looked pretty good. Its too bad Jer is so darn short because he is very quick. I really can't say that any one has looked better than the others. The wide receivers have actually impressed me the most given the defections from that group. Some guys on this board are really jumping on Walker's bandwagon. Personally, I think he is good but not heads and tails above anyone else. Maybe just getting hyped because he's a freshman. Honestly, Carr, Young, and McGill have been very solid as well. I love watching Young run block because he really gets after it. I think he and a defensive back got into it during one of the sessions. Carr is very fast and looks to be a nice deep threat. The tight ends looks really solid and are a hard working group. They have to be thrilled that they might actually catch a pass this year.

Without too much detail on the defensive side (I am offense biased) I get the feeling we will be MUCH IMPROVED! There is more discipline, better coaching, and a few athletes that should help. The transfer from Kansas looks like a damn beast. Peters may be the odd man out there. It looks like they have been working Hinjosa at nose guard a bit. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Walker seems to have some issues because he is not suiting up at all (that I saw). I can't predict what the season will be like but I sure like what I am seeing at practice. Night and day from Mussman's debacle.

A couple questions first on the QB situation how does Jake Hanson compare to the other two, possible 3 man race? Also you say our RB look good with this OL, once the OL gets more solid, could we see the running situation we had prior to Muss??

A couple questions first on the QB situation how does Jake Hanson compare to the other two, possible 3 man race? Also you say our RB look good with this OL, once the OL gets more solid, could we see the running situation we had prior to Muss??

Hanson isn't in it. Too short, too many throwing errors, and mental errors.

The RBs are solid this year (no more 160 lb. Miller). Also, I think the OL will be okay once the lineup is found and stabilized.

The TEs will have more than a few catches this year; they are heavily emphasized in the short to intermediate passing game.

Also, I agree the defense will be much better. There just is more discipline and emphasis on that side of the ball now, but of course the FBS transfers help in the talent department too.

Hanson isn't in it. Too short, too many throwing errors, and mental errors.

The RBs are solid this year (no more 160 lb. Miller). Also, I think the OL will be okay once the lineup is found and stabilized.

The TEs will have more than a few catches this year; they are heavily emphasized in the short to intermediate passing game.

Also, I agree the defense will be much better. There just is more discipline and emphasis on that side of the ball now, but of course the FBS transfers help in the talent department too.

Sounds really good. less than 3 weeks now til all this stuff on paper becomes a reality.