SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp

UND Fan

I took a peak at practice today to see how things were looking early on and here is what I came away with

-Impressed with freshman wideouts Stanley and Walker. Stanley was catching everything thrown to him and Walker had made a few moves in 1 on 1 drills early. Walker was playing with the 1st unit alongside Ivery when team split into 1/2 and 3/4

-Hinojosa: my first impressions of him is that there is definitely substance behind the hype. He got a sack and swatted at a pass his last 2 defensive possessions of the day.

-Mollberg and Bartles were inconsistent but felt Mollberg had the better day. He was with the first unit right away. Bartles had a few snap issues under center.

-Carr is fast, in the 1 on 1 drills vs db he was beating them to the corner of the end zone from the 10 yard line every time.

-Cerriteno practiced in shorts, but his day was cut short after pulling up with an apparent hamstring injury. He was helped off and watched practice in crutches.

-If Idowu and Labat are the starting OLB for week 1, then we will be in excellent shape. Idowu looks to be ready for a breakout year and Labat looks the role at OLB.

I took a peak at practice today to see how things were looking early on and here is what I came away with

-Impressed with freshman wideouts Stanley and Walker. Stanley was catching everything thrown to him and Walker had made a few moves in 1 on 1 drills early. Walker was playing with the 1st unit alongside Ivery when team split into 1/2 and 3/4

-Hinojosa: my first impressions of him is that there is definitely substance behind the hype. He got a sack and swatted at a pass his last 2 defensive possessions of the day.

-Mollberg and Bartles were inconsistent but felt Mollberg had the better day. He was with the first unit right away. Bartles had a few snap issues under center.

-Carr is fast, in the 1 on 1 drills vs db he was beating them to the corner of the end zone from the 10 yard line every time.

-Cerriteno practiced in shorts, but his day was cut short after pulling up with an apparent hamstring injury. He was helped off and watched practice in crutches.

-If Idowu and Labat are the starting OLB for week 1, then we will be in excellent shape. Idowu looks to be ready for a breakout year and Labat looks the role at OLB.

How did Ferguson look? Also how about the new CBs and RB?

Thanks for the updates, us fans appreciate those who can make it up there for practice and report back!!

I know it's still early, but kind of surprised to see Walker and Ivery on the first unit ahead of McGill and Young.

How did Ferguson look? Also how about the new CBs and RB?

I had a chance to take in practice too. I'd say Walker is ahead of Ferguson and Walker has a good chance of getting his shirt pulled. With that said, Casey Young and RJ McGill both made plays and look good.

Alex Tillman and Cedric Simmons look the part; I expect both to contribute big time this season. Chris Carter will likely get his shirt pulled; he puts forth great effort.

Hinojosa is the real deal; he has a heck of a motor and bullrush.

Lastly, I'd say the quarterbacks didn't look impressive but Mollberg looked the best. The running game should help them out immensely in a real game situation.

Be careful about one-day assessment on these guys. Some of the players who reportedly had really good outings today weren't looking the part, so to speak, during the first days of camp -- and vice versa.

I'll agree with that statement, but it was nice to get out and actually see some of these guys in some sort of action. They will have good days and bad. I hope to sneak out in the morning and watch the practice again but we shall see.

I'll agree with that statement, but it was nice to get out and actually see some of these guys in some sort of action. They will have good days and bad. I hope to sneak out in the morning and watch the practice again but we shall see.

How did the OL look? As pointed out it's early but i'm still curious.

I would tend to disagree. Today is full pads. This is when they bring it. Not in gym shorts. My opinion.

Full pads definitely show more true, that is for sure. Nevertheless, I think live scrimmages are the best way to know how a player will perform before actual games are played.

I fully expect Ivery to have a good year. He was a very good WR as a rfr even though we could hardly pass the ball that year.

He has been impressive in fall camp, so far. Very disciplined and workmanlike, like he's on a mission. I haven't seen him drop a pass that made it to his vicinity, and he's snagged some tough ones.

He has been impressive in fall camp, so far. Very disciplined and workmanlike, like he's on a mission. I haven't seen him drop a pass that made it to his vicinity, and he's snagged some tough ones.

This is basically what I was expecting from him this year. He was very ready for a new staff and a new lease on football. He's been rejuvenated by having a head coach that he trusts and now he will show everyone how good a player he is when focused.

Give Stanley a redshirt and in a few years he might be one of the successful walk-on stories we need a few more of.

I meant more of how has he looked.

I would say he's fourth best out of four right now, but that's to be expected. He's got the tools but he looks a little overwhelmed right now with all the new stuff they're throwing at him everyday. His day will come.