SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

Right.  That is what I was thinking.  I assume if we climch they will go on sale next week sometime.  Anyone remember hearing if Champions club gets first crack or do they all get relased at the same time?

Not only can we clinch home ice, we can win the Penrose Cup outright if things fall the right way.

I was referrring to those that are Champion Club members who don't have season hockey tickets or that want to purchase more.

Usually the tickets go on sale to the general public.  I don't believe they have a period for Champions Club.  It is usually Spring Break and the students are gone so there are normally plenty of tickets available.

Got bored today and was curious how many late period goals UND has allowed, especially after WMU scored the game tying goal with under a minute to play last weekend.  I excluded empty net goals.  Here's how I broke it down:

Goals against UND with more than 1 minute but less than two minutes: 7

Goals for UND with more than 1 minute but less than two minutes: 3

Goals against UND with less than 1 minute: 2

Goals for UND with less than 1 minute: 6

Goals against UND with less than 2 minutes in the third that either tied or won the game: 2 (both were extra attacker goals... vs Providence 2-2 tie, at Western Mich 3-2 OT win)

Goals for UND with less than 2 minutes in the 3rd that either tied or won the game: 2 (both were extra attacker goals... vs Air Force 3-2 OT win, at Omaha 3-2 OT loss)

A win Friday would make me feel a whole lot more optimistic about the weekend.  If we do, I hope Hak tells them to loosen up and go after them Saturday.   I know that is not the way he has  been winning, but if we get to the FF, I think the boys need to see it as a chance to do something special rather than a challenge they must meet with discipline and focus.  All that sounds like BS (or cliche'), but I think it is possibly true that a team can be a little too tight in big games, and they sometimes need to be taught how to go out there and just play with energy and believe good things will happen.  I think that can be the difference between a very successful season and a successful tournament. 

Again, that sounds like BS even to me. 

• Upvote 1

Got bored today and was curious how many late period goals UND has allowed, especially after WMU scored the game tying goal with under a minute to play last weekend.  I excluded empty net goals.  Here's how I broke it down:

Goals against UND with more than 1 minute but less than two minutes: 7

Goals for UND with more than 1 minute but less than two minutes: 3

Goals against UND with less than 1 minute: 2

Goals for UND with less than 1 minute: 6

Goals against UND with less than 2 minutes in the third that either tied or won the game: 2 (both were extra attacker goals... vs Providence 2-2 tie, at Western Mich 3-2 OT win)

Goals for UND with less than 2 minutes in the 3rd that either tied or won the game: 2 (both were extra attacker goals... vs Air Force 3-2 OT win, at Omaha 3-2 OT loss)

And these were not empty net goals?

Does blais have two nattys as head coach?

Does Blais blow two goal leads? Simple question.

Nice try on the rhetorical question though! Also I have no clue what nattys are? Are they an insect or is this one of those words that is used to shorten something up because people have gotten too lazy to write out a word? :p

• Upvote 2

A win Friday would make me feel a whole lot more optimistic about the weekend.  If we do, I hope Hak tells them to loosen up and go after them Saturday.   I know that is not the way he has  been winning, but if we get to the FF, I think the boys need to see it as a chance to do something special rather than a challenge they must meet with discipline and focus.  All that sounds like BS (or cliche'), but I think it is possibly true that a team can be a little too tight in big games, and they sometimes need to be taught how to go out there and just play with energy and believe good things will happen.  I think that can be the difference between a very successful season and a successful tournament. 

Again, that sounds like BS even to me. 

No, that isn't BS at all, you summed it up very nicely.  Hakstol's teams play too tight sometimes; that is one thing I would like to see change.