SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

He hasn't thought highly of UND all season. He's in the camp that we didn't belong in the NCAA tournament last year and since most of that team returned that "didn't deserve to be in the tournament" he thought we would struggle to make the tournament again. That's what I read into in seeing his preseason rankings. He's probably struggling with the fact that he as of now has been wrong about how our season has gone.

That's not quite what he wrote.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/nchc/2014/10/2/6886557/north-dakota-2014-2015-season-preview

I actually thought his preseason assessment was pretty spot on.  He did have us in the 3-4 seed range for the tournament, but candidly I think most people (including me) underestimated the success the NCHC would have out of conference, and that has been a primary reason why we've risen to fight for a #1 seed.

I also think he was right regarding our schedule.  The team has done what needed to be done by basically running the table on the OOC games since Bemidji.  One or two losses in the mix and I suspect we'd have been back on the bubble like last year.

I guess I really don't care whether he likes our program or not, but sometimes I feel a few in our fanbase are too critical of what Dilks or others write about us.  Personally I like to support anyone who is writing regularly about college hockey because so few do so.

Someone please complete this sentence for me:

Chris Dilks' opinion matters because ________.

The only "poll" that matters is the "pole" you raise a championship banner on.

This ^

And why is it such an injustice for one guy to vote us #2 when the KRACH and PWR currently agree with him?

• Upvote 1

No, Lowell would be dropped because Quinnipiac leads the ECAC, so Mankato would get Robert Morris and UND would get Vermont. If Quinnipiac wasn't leading the ECAC and Lowell was in, the selection committee could have two Hockey East teams play each other the first round. That's if they protect the #1 seed which it looks like they have done every year. 

you're assuming that Quinnipiac will win the ECAC tournament...I think Red Sox and I are both probably thinking Harvard will win it

This ^

And why is it such an injustice for one guy to vote us #2 when the KRACH and PWR currently agree with him?

I don't a loss or two will do that much damage to UND. They've only had five so far this season. I am sure that Jim Dahl will post something about the PWR soon.

I decided to checkout an old USCHO bracketology post and this is what it said about intraconference 1st round match ups...

"• Conference matchups in first round are avoided, unless five or more teams from one conference are selected, then the integrity of the bracket will be preserved."

So with that being the case I would agree with what yzerman said right away. And I was basing my field of 16 on there being as few teams outside the pairwise top 16 as possible. So that would assume Harvard winning the ECAC and Michigan winning that crappy conference they're in.

This week’s brackets. Here's the latest.

East Regional (Providence):

15 Quinnipiac vs. 2 Omaha

9 Massachusetts-Lowell vs. 7 Harvard

Northeast Regional (Manchester):

13 Merrimack vs. 3 Bowling Green

10 Yale vs. 8 Boston University

Midwest Regional (South Bend):

16 Robert Morris vs. 1 Minnesota State

11 Michigan Tech vs. 6 Miami

West Regional (Fargo):

14 Michigan vs. 4 North Dakota

12 Vermont vs. 5 Minnesota-Duluth

This week’s brackets. Here's the latest.

East Regional (Providence):

15 Quinnipiac vs. 2 Omaha

9 Massachusetts-Lowell vs. 7 Harvard

Northeast Regional (Manchester):

13 Merrimack vs. 3 Bowling Green

10 Yale vs. 8 Boston University

Midwest Regional (South Bend):

16 Robert Morris vs. 1 Minnesota State

11 Michigan Tech vs. 6 Miami

West Regional (Fargo):

14 Michigan vs. 4 North Dakota

12 Vermont vs. 5 Minnesota-Duluth

What point do these simulated brackets make when the pwr rankings aren't even up to date or correct?

Huh? The Pairwise is up-to-date and correct. Now if you mean, why do we even have these if they're just going to change 100 times by the end of March, I completely agree.

Und isn't at number 4 right now and omaha isn't at number 2 right now. Now that I think of it I think this might be last week's numbers.

Huh? The Pairwise is up-to-date and correct. Now if you mean, why do we even have these if they're just going to change 100 times by the end of March, I completely agree.

I pulled them from the Bracketology blog, I said, "Here's the latest." That mean's the last one posted.

That was last weeks bracket.

Hence, the latest.. They haven't done one yet. I am interested in seeing how much it changes this week.

It's going to be funny listening to the teams complain about how loud Fargo is going to be.

Yup, Goon linked last week's

• 3 weeks later...