SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

I'm guessing Hak was referencing that his injury is a 6-8 week injury (as of the date of the injury occurring) rather than 6-8 weeks from today.  So a great scenario would be getting him back against Niagra however it might be more likely against UNO.

Well if we're getting really technical(which it seems like we are) 6 weeks from the injury would insert him into the lineup on Saturday night in the 3rd period against Niagra :)

I don't believe this is quite to that level of break, is it? I can't remember but wasnt Lapoint's injury season ending?

I don't really remember, but I thought Lapoint's was in the second half, which makes sense that it was season ending.  I guess it's possible this injury is less severe, but we can't know one way or another since it's still being defined as 'a lower leg injury' without additional detail.

I don't really remember, but I thought Lapoint's was in the second half, which makes sense that it was season ending.  I guess it's possible this injury is less severe, but we can't know one way or another since it's still being defined as 'a lower leg injury' without additional detail.

I just remember watching the Lapoint replay and it was awful, leg broke in multiple places I believe. I'm no doctor, but I'd be blown away if thats a 6 week injury.

I broke my fibula and ankle crashing into the boards.  The doctor told me it would be 8-10 weeks to recover.  The 6-8 week timeframe for Stecher makes me think his injury may not be as bad as mine.  My ankle has never been the same since, but it's not something I notice skating.

I was at the game where LaPoint was injured.  Didn't really see it as I was on the other end, and I've found I can't get myself to watch replays of injures ever since my own.

I broke my fibula and ankle crashing into the boards. The doctor told me it would be 8-10 weeks to recover. The 6-8 week timeframe for Stecher makes me think his injury may not be as bad as mine. My ankle has never been the same since, but it's not something I notice skating.

I was at the game where LaPoint was injured. Didn't really see it as I was on the other end, and I've found I can't get myself to watch replays of injures ever since my own.

I'm guessing that stetcher has the dreaded high ankle sprain.

I broke my fibula and ankle crashing into the boards.  The doctor told me it would be 8-10 weeks to recover.  The 6-8 week timeframe for Stecher makes me think his injury may not be as bad as mine.  My ankle has never been the same since, but it's not something I notice skating.

I was at the game where LaPoint was injured.  Didn't really see it as I was on the other end, and I've found I can't get myself to watch replays of injures ever since my own.

I bet it was hard to jog or run. Ankles are funny animals.

I was there too...I'm glad I was on the opposite end of the rink; that was a bad break to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...

...and a solid #8 in the pairwise. I'm interested to see Jim Dahl's breakdown of wins we need this year. It'll probably differ a bit from the past 10 or so years.

As are every other college hockey writers/fans ...jim does an awesome job with those