SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. FERRIS STATE - Saturday 5:30 ESPNU

AZSIOUX

I'd love to go to Philly, but I have a very pregnant wife who isn't due until May, but its been an adventurous pregnancy. Would never forgive myself if I missed the birth.

Please all of you that go have a great time for me. :)

I'd love to go to Philly, but I have a very pregnant wife who isn't due until May, but its been an adventurous pregnancy. Would never forgive myself if I missed the birth.

Please all of you that go have a great time for me. :)

Same thing for me, except mine is due on April 18th. Pretty sure going to Philly wouldn't go over too well.

Well, we certainly got outplayed tonight. Only a week after some of the worst puck luck ever (vs Miami), we catch a break.

Which brings me to my point: I cannot remember ever winning an NCAA tournament game in which we were decidedly outplayed yet won. We've certainly outplayed other teams and lost (most notable recent game Michigan 2011) a lot of times.

Can anyone else think of an occurrence?

A lot of people have written this team off. I was probably one of them sitting in the Target Center watching Miami celebrate their semifinal win over UND when it looked like the season was over. But we showed up the next day and hoped for three prayers to get answered. Surprisingly, one by one they happened. The last one coming in a bar instead of sitting and watching the NCHC title game.

Then this weekend came. And I thought for sure the magic was going to end against a senior laden Wisconsin club....but it didn't. Then I had that horrible "we're going to lose this...." feeling from about the start of the third period through Gaarder finding a rebound and stuffing it home.

Go back to 2004, almost ten years to the date. A goalie stands on his head and UND doesn't go to the frozen four. I remember thinking, "when is a UND goalie going to stand on his head like that and take the team on his back to the frozen four." Argue all you want about Phil in Madison, but it finally happened ten years later. UND had no business winning that game, but the hockey gods were kind.

UND will be fine as long as people keep writing them off I guess.

• Upvote 3

Well, we certainly got outplayed tonight. Only a week after some of the worst puck luck ever (vs Miami), we catch a break.

Which brings me to my point: I cannot remember ever winning an NCAA tournament game in which we were decidedly outplayed yet won. We've certainly outplayed other teams and lost (most notable recent game Michigan 2011) a lot of times.

Can anyone else think of an occurrence?

Princeton in 2008

Wow. All I can say is that this team has greatly exceeded my expectations for this year. If I think back to the start of the season: (1) I did not think they would take second place in the NCHC season. (2) I did not expect them to make the NCAA tournament. (3) I did not expect them to win the NCAA regional and make it to the Frozen Four.

But, after they made the NCAA tournament and I saw the bracket, I figured they had a chance to win it. I will admit that in the third period I kept waiting for Ferris State to win, but it did not happen.

We are truly blessed to be fans of UND Fighting Sioux hockey. Plans are under discussion about the possibility of heading to Philly, although I am 0-4 going to watch UND in the Frozen Four.

While this year is far from over, next year with this team could be special as well.

• Upvote 1

Was at the Wild/Coyotes game...number of people with Sioux gear on. After 2nd period in concourse/concession area with Sioux fans congregated a "Sioux YeaYea" rang out. Pretty cool!

Great win!!