SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. FERRIS STATE - Saturday 5:30 ESPNU

AZSIOUX

I have a lot of sympathy and respect for Ferris State. They had a great year, they played their style of game and really frustrated UND last night. They were simply on the wrong side of the hot goalie equation.

And I am still in awe and trying to soak in all of the past two days. The end came so suddenly and quickly last night after the Sioux had struggled that it was stunning. I am still re-watching all of the video and commentary today to absorb it all.

I have a lot of sympathy and respect for Ferris State. They had a great year, they played their style of game and really frustrated UND last night. They were simply on the wrong side of the hot goalie equation.

It really was the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat as the victors piled up almost right in front of the Ferris State bench. Bob Daniels is one hellofa coach...heartbreaking loss for Ferris but congratulations on an outstanding season. The 2014 WCHA Champions - Ferris State Bulldogs.

Technically St. Clair is a sophomore. He has been on campus for three years but couldn't get through the NCAA clearinghouse his first year.

Just like Grimaldi's in the picture though he's technically considered a sophomore because of his redshirt season.

It really was the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat as the victors piled up almost right in front of the Ferris State bench. Bob Daniels is one hellofa coach...heartbreaking loss for Ferris but congratulations on an outstanding season. The 2014 WCHA Champions - Ferris State Bulldogs.

That dogpile 9.99 on a scale of 10. What could have been better? To see Hakstol on the top of it.

Don't take this the wrong way, but that may have been the worst three periods (2nd - 1st OT) I have seen this team play all season.

I don't take this the wrong way. It's unfortunately true. We've seen this occasionally from this less than star talented team, and last night Gothberg bought them the victory. But what I was impressed with is it seemed like later in the 1st OT the Sioux started regaining a little momentum, and that apparently carried over into the 2nd. I told my buddy early in the 1st OT that Ferris needs to score soon, if they don't, the mo is going to change and UND will take control and win it. Turns out I was right, but about 15 minutes later than I thought :lol: so I can't really claim to have foreseen that ending.

Mark yesterday down in the calendar Hak had a grin, not his usual i barely show a half smile but a full blown grin when espn showed the bench dumping.

Even better than that. Both hands in the air and elation in his face. I've never seen that before.

What else would you expect from Jerry Burns grand son. Go out get it done attitude.

Apparently Gaarder is a "Big Knocker".

:lol: classic.

I would've like to see the game last night be played on an acceptable ice surface. so many turnovers and missed passes happened because of the crappy ice and inferior boards. (both teams) i think it had much to do with the plodding flow of play last night. ugly to watch.

I think Ferris may have won if that was the case. They were able to generate so much more offense than the Sioux for most of the last half of the game. The Sioux were fortunate that Ferris just missed on some things that looked very dangerous, IMO.

I'm not sure I have seen Hakstol more animated after a win than last night. Bear hugs on the bench? LOL!

How about Berry hugging him from behind. Looked like a little kid hugging Daddy. :lol:

I'm not sure I have seen Hakstol more animated after a win than last night. Bear hugs on the bench? LOL!

Great pic link from Katie on the front page here . To bad we can't post a pic from the twitter domain

Have had a blast reading everyone's comments today! I can hear your pride and happiness and it's great! Thank You!

My girlfriend, buddy (who's a CC fan but was cheering for UND), and his girlfriend, and I went bananas last night when Gaarder scored! What a great feeling!

I made so much noise my wife was worried I would wake up my qrandson who was spending the night. The first thing I did was called my son (A UND Alum) and told him the SIOUX were going to the final 4 in PHilly! He was unable to watch the game because of a family committment.

Does anyone have the uncensored version of Tim's comments after Gaarder's goal?

Tim is to much a pro to actually tell the complainers to go f themselves.

I was listening and he did lay into them & basically told them they didn't know what they were talking & complaining about.

Even with saying that I thought that it was way out of character for him.

He was also giddy with excitement with the win like the rest of us & showed it in his interviews.

Tim is to much a pro to actually tell the complainers to go f themselves.

I was listening and he did lay into them & basically told them they didn't know what they were talking & complaining about.

Even with saying that I thought that it was way out of character for him.

He was also giddy with excitement with the win like the rest of us & showed it in his interviews.

It was pretty funny radio. He really didn't know how to say it. He was at, "all the naysayers can stick a.....(pause)....in their......."

I love TH. Guy has the best job in the world in my opinion. The homer in him comes out at times, but when you've been around the program as long as him, and bleed kelly green, you can't blame him.