SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. Badgers - Friday 7pm ESPNU

AZSIOUX

There is RT O'Sulivan's in Mesa (not the nicest town but good bar food and always show the Sioux). I don't know if RT's West Valley locations are Sioux Bars, but most any sports bar can pull up ESPNU these days, I have watched some good and some bad games out here in the East Valley during regionals the last few years. If you can make it out to Scottsdale and Shea Rd I would highly recommend Fate Brewery, great craft beer, pizza, and the owners and most of the bartenders are very big hockey fans. If you call ahead they will give priority to hockey over basketball. That's where I watched the Sioux vs. Niagra game and the disappointment against Yale last year. Just make sure you have a DD or someone who stops at 2 or 3 drinks, because they don't mess around out here with drinking and driving.

That was my primary concern as well. Even if he's being added to the lineup to add a physical presence he still needs to keep it adequately controlled and contained. Especially with non-league officiating (it was HORRIBLE at BU), I'm nervous about that choice.

After both games at last year's regionals, I will be fit to be tied if Mark MacMillan takes a bad penalty. He had 3 in two games last year. One that he got away with at the end of the 1st game, and the others that gave us no chance to come back in the second game.

Every team at this level has talented forwards, but if a stupid "physicality" penalty puts Kerdiles and Zengerle out there together on a PP, the Sioux are begging for trouble. A big clean hit is fine, even when it gets called, but the late "finishing" checks and the chippy little cross checks do nothing to intimidate and only lead to trouble. Yet some guys are just prone to that stuff.

There is RT O'Sulivan's in Mesa (not the nicest town but good bar food and always show the Sioux). I don't know if RT's West Valley locations are Sioux Bars, but most any sports bar can pull up ESPNU these days, I have watched some good and some bad games out here in the East Valley during regionals the last few years. If you can make it out to Scottsdale and Shea Rd I would highly recommend Fate Brewery, great craft beer, pizza, and the owners and most of the bartenders are very big hockey fans. If you call ahead they will give priority to hockey over basketball. That's where I watched the Sioux vs. Niagra game and the disappointment against Yale last year. Just make sure you have a DD or someone who stops at 2 or 3 drinks, because they don't mess around out here with drinking and driving.

There used to be some good bars in Chandler, AZ that probably would put the game on for you.

Und could take a lesson from Vermont today....they are desperately trying to set up the perfect pass to get a shot as opposed to putting shots on net and crashing for rebounds/bounces.....

They are also losing by 2 due to it.

Put the puck on the net.....zero points awarded for a prettier goal or nifty pass.

I like what I am hearing from the team...talk of being loose and having fun...that is a breath of fresh air. I am convinced that UND will never win a national title under Hakstol until he abandons the businessman's approach to hockey at the NCAA tournament. Emotion wins tournaments and you have to be loose and have fun. IMO they were always successful at the WCHA final 5 because they had a spot secured in the NCAA and could just go out and have fun and play...they were loose and were very successful in that tournament year in and year out. To the contrary in the NCAA tournament, the businessman's approach is not working...playing way to tight. Is this the year we figure it out?...we will see...

• Upvote 1

I like what I am hearing from the team...talk of being loose and having fun...that is a breath of fresh air. I am convinced that UND will never win a national title under Hakstol until he abandons the businessman's approach to hockey at the NCAA tournament. Emotion wins tournaments and you have to be loose and have fun. IMO they were always successful at the WCHA final 5 because they had a spot secured in the NCAA and could just go out and have fun and play...they were loose and were very successful in that tournament year in and year out. To the contrary in the NCAA tournament, the businessman's approach is not working...playing way to tight. Is this the year we figure it out?...we will see...

Please enlarge your font, my bi-focals aren't that strong. :glare:

Are you whispering?

UND Forward lines

9 Drake Caggiula–16 Mark MacMillan–15 Michael Parks (A)

28 Stephane Pattyn(A) –19 Rocco Grimaldi–27 Luke Johnson

21 Brendan O’Donnell–13 Connor Gaarder–11 Derek Rodwell

29 Bryn Chyzyk–17 Colten St. Clair – 22 Andrew Panzarella

North Dakota Defense Pairings

5 Nick Mattson–6 Paul LaDue

18 Dillon Simpson ©–24 Jordan Schmaltz

4 Keaton Thompson–2 Troy Stecher

UND Goalies

31 Zane Gothberg

33 Clarke Saunders

Out: 7-Wade Murphy (Fr., F), 20-Gage Ausmus (Fr., D), 25 Mitch MacMillan (Sr F), 26-Coltyn Sanderson (So., F), 30-Matt Hrynkiw (Fr., G)

Wisconsin Badgers Forward Lines

17 Nic Kerdiles – 9 Mark Zengerle – 7 Tyler Barnes

15 Morgan Zulinick – 14 Jefferson Dahl – 25 Michael Mersch

21 Grant Besse – 16 Joseph LaBate – 18 Sean Little

26 Brad Navin – 12 Keegan Meuer – 22 Jed Soleway

Wisconsin Badgers Defense Pairings

19 Jake McCabe – 24 Joe Faust

28 Kevin Schulze – 27 Frankie Simonelli

20 Eddie Wittchow – 5 Chase Drake

Badger Goalies

33 Joel Rumple

30 Landon Peterson

Edited by Goon

UND Forward lines

9 Drake Caggiula–16 Mark MacMillan–15 Michael Parks (A)

21 Brendan O’Donnell –19 Rocco Grimaldi–27 Luke Johnson

28 Stephane Pattyn(A) –13 Connor Gaarder–11 Derek Rodwell

29 Bryn Chyzyk–17 Colten St. Clair – 22 Andrew Panzarella

North Dakota Defense Pairings

5 Nick Mattson–6 Paul LaDue

18 Dillon Simpson ©–24 Jordan Schmaltz

4 Keaton Thompson–2 Troy Stecher

UND Goalies

31 Zane Gothberg

33 Clarke Saunders

Out: 7-Wade Murphy (Fr., F), 20-Gage Ausmus (Fr., D), 25 Mitch MacMillan (Sr F), 26-Coltyn Sanderson (So., F), 30-Matt Hrynkiw (Fr., G)

Wisconsin Badgers Forward Lines

17 Nic Kerdiles – 9 Mark Zengerle – 7 Tyler Barnes

15 Morgan Zulinick – 14 Jefferson Dahl – 25 Michael Mersch

21 Grant Besse – 16 Joseph LaBate – 18 Sean Little

26 Brad Navin – 12 Keegan Meuer – 22 Jed Soleway

Wisconsin Badgers Defense Pairings

19 Jake McCabe – 24 Joe Faust

28 Kevin Schulze – 27 Frankie Simonelli

20 Eddie Wittchow – 5 Chase Drake

Badger Goalies

33 Joel Rumple

30 Landon Peterson